BenQ PD3200U 32" Ultra HD Monitor Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larsenexx44

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
I am looking at something in this screen size as UHD. Can you game on this monitor, say Far Cry 3 or Ashes of the singularity?

Realist9

Reputable
May 31, 2014

So? 1080's have DP 1.4. They have been out for almost a year, and I would think monitor vendors knew well in advance that they, and more cards with that, would be coming. So they would have had, what, 2 yrs? That's not enough?

I think the more likely cause is that monitor vendors know that it will be a while before MANY people will be able to use and want 4k at >60Hz. And they just don't think they can make $$ releasing one anytime soon.

Since the visual difference between 1080 and 1440, IMO, is not enough to warrant an upgrade, I'm stuck waiting for this "may never get here" monitor. First world problems I guess.

Jung

Distinguished
May 1, 2009
I wanted to wait for 4K GSYNC >60Hz, but seems like those things aren't coming together soon, so I popped for the Acer Predator XB321HK... 2 out of three ain't bad.

Spec table in the introduction lists the panel type as AMVA (a type of vertical alignment panel). This isn't correct.
BenQ lists the panel type as IPS, and this is how it is listed in performance results in this article.
The article also mentions AHVA, which is possible since this is an IPS type technology (unlike AMVA).

I think the more likely cause is that monitor vendors know that it will be a while before MANY people will be able to use and want 4k at >60Hz. And they just don't think they can make $$ releasing one anytime soon.

Since the visual difference between 1080 and 1440, IMO, is not enough to warrant an upgrade, I'm stuck waiting for this "may never get here" monitor. First world problems I guess.

The Asus ROG PG27UQ and the Acer Predator XB272-HDR are slated to arrive in Q2 2017, that starts tomorrow (and no, not an April Fool's joke) . That puts it some time in the next 90 days though I expect we will see them released right around the big outer shows in May.

AU Optronics AH-IPS panel, w/ 3840 x 2160 native resolution and 144Hz
Dynamic Range Support via HDR10
384-zone backlighting system
Enhance color palette via Quantum Dot filter
1000 nits of brightness (3x that of the monitor in the review)
DisplayPort 1.4 connector
HDMI 2.0a display controller (60 Hz only)
AHVA IPS Panel

And with AIB 1080 Ti's dropping this month, you will actually have something to drive it, tho it will take two of them to really make the monitor shine. Only question that as yet hasn't been answered, at least I haven't found it, is confirming ULMB support. It has G-Sync and ULMB comes with that ... in the past was no ULMB at 4k cause DP 1.2 couldn't support the high refresh rates needed for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.