BenQ Pro SW271 27in IPS LCD Monitor and Graphics Card

JJ2012

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
Hi

Will I be able to use the above monitor on a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB ? I have three Dell Ultrasharp monitors that are 2560 x 1440 on two of these graphics cards but, I'm not sure if the new Benq will work on these cards.

Thanks

Solution
Generally you take the model number to the manufacturer's site and look up its specifications.

Now depending on what connection you are planning to use, a 4K monitor might only run at 30hz with this card, via display port. If your particular card doesn't have Display Port, but HDMI, then the same might be true, as it certainly comes before HDMI 2.0 was a standard.

Now if you plan on all four monitors, that might be beyond the cards capabilities.

GTX 550Ti is getting fairly old. GT1030 are about $90 and would make a reasonable replacement(s)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Generally you take the model number to the manufacturer's site and look up its specifications.

Now depending on what connection you are planning to use, a 4K monitor might only run at 30hz with this card, via display port. If your particular card doesn't have Display Port, but HDMI, then the same might be true, as it certainly comes before HDMI 2.0 was a standard.

Now if you plan on all four monitors, that might be beyond the cards capabilities.

GTX 550Ti is getting fairly old. GT1030 are about $90 and would make a reasonable replacement(s)

Solution