BenQ Releases 27-inch FullHD GW2760HS Thin Bezel Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokencode

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
1080p still..... You can get a 40" LED TV with the same res for the same price. It's sad that my 4 year old 28" HANS-G is higher res and I paid $300 for it new.

[citation][nom]tokencode[/nom]1080p still..... You can get a 40" LED TV with the same res for the same price. It's sad that my 4 year old 28" HANS-G is higher res and I paid $300 for it new.[/citation]

As much as I agree that the resolution should be higher on this display and perhaps it should have a lower price, it's only fair to mention how resolution isn't everything. This monitor has far better contrast than any 40" TV and it probably has many other advantages in picture quality, especially against TVs.

[citation][nom]blazorthon[/nom]As much as I agree that the resolution should be higher on this display and perhaps it should have a lower price, it's only fair to mention how resolution isn't everything. This monitor has far better contrast than any 40" LED TV and it probably has many other advantages in picture quality, especially against TVs.[/citation]

Tom's, why did you remove the edit function from the article comments !?

3ogdy

Distinguished
Unless they release a frame-less screen, people shouldn't consider buying products advertised as "thin bezel monitors" if they have an Eyefinity/3D Surround configuration in mind...it's hard to understand why screen manufacturers can't build more FRAMELESS displays - or at least screens with FLAT frames, allowing the glass to reach to the extremes of the screen(and with glass I'm obviously talking about SCREEN REAL ESTATE - which means you can view your data on a frameless-looking screen.
Building flat frames shouldn't be hard at all, but maybe the multi-monitor market isn't big enough in order for these companies to start marketing and selling such stuff.

You can, but it is harder to fix now. Go to the forums section at the top of the page, scroll to the bottom to the comments section and select news. You'll see this post there with all the edit options.

EDIT: I just did what I described above and it worked.

I tried that. It lets me view things as if it's a forum, but it still hides any editing options from newer news and review articles (oddly, I can edit stuff in old articles such as the article from when Tom's did their MiniITX build a while back) in the forum view.

I don't know why you can't, but look at my first reply to you. It has now been edited.

Weird :/

I'll try clearing cookies and stuff like that. Maybe it'll fix my problem.

You might have to try all 3 edit buttons (why do they need 3 edit buttons?). I used the full edit button, but update and quick edit are all options.

Mohsen Kamalzadeh

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
I blame the movie industry for forcing computer resolutions to stay at the pathetic 1080p, when they were clearly surpassing it before blu-ray came around. Now we should wait another 5 years for 4k to go mainstream to get 4k monitors. It's also microsoft and apple's fault for not supporting high dpis sooner. Hell, windows still does not support high dpi well enough.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
I have 3 1920x1080 monitors now. I will have them until higher resolution monitors are readily available for the same price. I will no longer buy 1920x1080 anything.

I'm frozen in time, no monitor upgrades, no Windows update past 7, no CPU or mobo update past Sandybridge i7, no GPU update until 800 series is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.