BenQ Releases 27-inch FullHD GW2760HS Thin Bezel Monitor

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]monkeymonk[/nom]still seems thick to me....[/citation]

I think that it'd look thinner if they weren't at such huge angles. According to the specs, the bezel is less than half an inch wide, so it seems pretty decent to me.

The 1080p does not bother me but no DisplayPort is a deal breaker as far as I am concerned. I see no reason at all to put VGA on any monitor these days. Analog input should be phased out it is just not needed any more.

mrmez

Splendid
True about the VGA, and DVI for that matter, but ur ok with 1080 on 27"???
What size/rez monitor do you have.

I've got a 27" iMac @ 2560x1440, and I can tell you, the day they release a higher rez version (soon hopefully), I'll buy it.
Having said that, 1080 @ 27" is probably plenty for games.

Ps. The "p" or "i" in 1080p or 1080i are video playback standards (progressive or interlaced), not monitor standards. It's just 1080.

Just because a display can run 1080i doesn't mean it can run in 1080p, so we put the P in to state that it supports 1080p. They are also display standards. Besides, just saying 1080 doesn't make sense. Unlike saying 1080i or 1080p, merely saying 1080 doesn't specify the resolution. The i or p tell you that it is 1920x1080 (at least more or less) in addition to telling you that it's either progressive or interlaced.

lelias2k

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
[citation][nom]balister[/nom]If I wanted a near bezelless 27" monitor, I would go with LG's new one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6824005407Much better for half the price.[/citation]

How is that half the price? The LG is $329!

And read into the reviews: the bezel is not as thin as the picture implies.

Status
Not open for further replies.