BenQ RL2240HE doesn't recognizes RX 480

Jul 15, 2018
My monitor doesn't recognizes my video card with any cable(HDMI, DP, DVI).

The video card does turn on and spins the two fans.

The video card works on my friends monitor with HDMI cable.

The video card works on my monitor if I first plug it in my friends monitor before the boot and then put the HDMI cable into my monitor.

My monitor works normally if I try using the onboard graphics with VGA cable, but doesn't work if I try using the onboard graphics the HDMI cable.

-

I'v already tryed changing every option possible in the monitor.

I'v already tryed updating the BIOS, formating the HDD, updating all drivers, unistalling all drivers, changing cables.

-

Here's my build:

Monitor: BenQ RL2240HE (1920x1080@60Hz)

CPU: Intel i5 6600 3.30GHz

RAM: 1x16GB 1064MHz (15-15-15-36)

Mobo: H110M-C/BR

Onboard graphics: Intel HD Graphics 530

Offboard graphics: Radeon RX 480 8GB Sapphire

HDD: 931GB Western Digital WDC

Solution
If i read your post correctly, the monitor in question works on other PC's. And your graphics card works on other monitors.

That would indicate that the problem is with the monitor cable or the type of monitor cable. The monitor listed has D-Sub, DVI, & HDMI connectors. Choose a different monitor cable.
If i read your post correctly, the monitor in question works on other PC's. And your graphics card works on other monitors.

That would indicate that the problem is with the monitor cable or the type of monitor cable. The monitor listed has D-Sub, DVI, & HDMI connectors. Choose a different monitor cable.

Solution