BENQ vs AOC budget monitor

Solution
Just as an anecdote, I had a Benq GW2265HM (looks to be very similar to the 2470HM but a little smaller) and really liked it. Used it mostly for basic desktop stuff and internet browsing, as well as gaming. Thought it had nice colors, decent black levels, and I liked the low blue light mode + flicker free dimming for night time use.
If it were solely for a pc for gaming just maybe the benq.

The AOC is ips though,for general desktop stuff its far nicer to use,has a plethora of inputs,speakers, & a 3.5mm jack that also passes audio from either of the hdmi or displayport inputs.

For me personally thats a real boon,if you have a speaker set or headphones & plug them in the monitor you'll get switchable audio passthrough depending on whats connected.

I have a pc,xbox one & an android box connected to mine & it just makes everything so convenient.

Little_Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2014
I plan on using it as a gaming monitor when my father is not working at it (I'm working towards a 7-800$ 'beast' PC (I made a thread for that but got no answer though) to last me a couple of years through 1080p gaming on high-ultra as of now) which is basically when he's not at home and he will use it for movies, work on documents, programming and databases....also, wouldn't a DP port wasted on a 1080p 60 Hz panel?

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Just as an anecdote, I had a Benq GW2265HM (looks to be very similar to the 2470HM but a little smaller) and really liked it. Used it mostly for basic desktop stuff and internet browsing, as well as gaming. Thought it had nice colors, decent black levels, and I liked the low blue light mode + flicker free dimming for night time use.

Solution
A dp port wasted ??

No not really, its a good bit of future proofing imo , more inputs is better than less , its not costing anything extra , many new imacs & laptops/netbooks/nuc's come with dp out rather than hdmi now.

It may seem unnecessary now , it may be useful in the future.

The aoc is a screen I've recommended countless times in the past in the uk because its regularly available for £100 or so - at that pricepoint its pretty much unmatchable.

There maybe other options , how much are those monitors ?? & where are you location wise ?

Little_Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2014
So I think I'm going to suggest him the BenQ (though you guys don't stop) - when you are the only one in the family with Tech Knowledge....btw, could you please jump to my thread asking for opinions on cpus? Thanks....

As to where I am, Moldova - here the AOC is just 2.5 $ less expensive than the BenQ.... BENQ - around 160$ and the AOC is around 158$

The ryzen 1600 is 6c/12t.

However we're thread crossing here now (but with good reason)

Your budget won't get you a full build with gpu in moldova .
Thats a fact.

For this reason I would rethink the monitor - because what id recommend would be a ryzen 2400g , sell the 650ti for whatever you can get , the 2400g's integrated graohics are 30-40% better than a 650ti.

Find a freesync screen & use those integrated graphics until you have a little more money & gpu prices drop.

Little_Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2014
You've got me wrong here...the screen I'm asking the opinion on NOW is not for me..it'll get used like what...a day or max 2 a week? It's for my father, I'll just happen to profit from it...mine will come later....anyway, I'm working heavily with virtual machines and that's why I would like a 6/12 CPU and the GPU, I was considering later buying (for the moment the 650 ti boost will do at 768p, cause it's an external GPU) and most of the things will come from Amazon anyway, but thx for the opinion (I am giving mixed signal but hey, that's me :D )