BenQ xl2411T (144 Hz) occasionally displays "no signal detected", but usually works fine the next day.

RasmusKN

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
Hey guys.

I need help about my friend's BenQ XL2411T monitor, that I recommened for him and helped him buy for about 3,5 years ago. I have had the same monitor for a bit longer than that, but I have not had any problems with it.

He to didn't have any problems with it until recently, but this changed the other day. As he decribes it the problem is that monitor will display "No signal detected" and shows a black screen. However, after turning the monitor off and leaving it alone, it tends to work perfectly again the next day.

My first reaction to this problem was that I might be a driver issue, so I told him install the latest drivers for his GPU. He has done so but the problem pursists. I told him to clean the inside of his case for dust, but that didn't help either. So I believe it the problem might be hardware-based. Either the problem is the cable he is using is defective (he uses a DVI-D cable) or it is a sign that his GPU might be having some issues (His GPU is a MSI Nvidia 760 TF 2GD5).

What do you guys think?¨

Thank you in advance.

Solution
sorry been away the i5-4670 as far as I know does not have graphics built in its just a cpu as far as I know lets try the software side of things first
Download the latest drivers for your GPU place them on your desktop get Display Driver Uninstaller from here
https://www.wagnardsoft.com/
remove everything after restarting it will probably be 640x480 not great instal your AMD/NVIDIA drivers and hopefully should fix your problem

RasmusKN

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012

Hey RARRAF :)

He has tried a new cable (both DVI-D and HDMI) and the problem pursists. Futhermore, he has tried another working monitor, and it still has the problem. So, we have drawn the conclusion that it must either be the motherboard or the CPU.

One way that he could test if it is the motherboard or not, would be if he would acces the grapics on his CPU (He has a Intel i5-4670 6MB) though the HDMI-port on his motherboard (which is a MSI B85-G43 gaming).

What do you think?

sorry been away the i5-4670 as far as I know does not have graphics built in its just a cpu as far as I know lets try the software side of things first
Download the latest drivers for your GPU place them on your desktop get Display Driver Uninstaller from here
https://www.wagnardsoft.com/
remove everything after restarting it will probably be 640x480 not great instal your AMD/NVIDIA drivers and hopefully should fix your problem

Solution