BenQ XL2411Z defect?

ContractorHei

Reputable
Aug 2, 2014
I've recently bought this monitor and switched from an Asus VS247H-P to this and I'm noticing some pretty annoying yellow-ish tint to the top of the screen mostly. I've also noticed that the top part along with the bottom is a bit darker than the rest of the screen and filling the screen with a dark gray color, the top-left side is even darker (and yellow) than the rest.

I'm using standard mode on the monitor with blur reduction and it's running at 120hz with the strobe utility and the VT trick. It looks the same at the default settings but even worse.

Here's an image of what it kinda looks like: http://abload.de/img/xl2411zcgjxf.png
(the yellow a little less pronounced but it's easily noticable)

The screen is probably at around 90 degrees and I kinda look downwards to it and I still see it.

If there's anyone with the same monitor, please let me know if this is normal or not.
I'm already pondering to return this and grabbing another monitor... I do like the high hz and blur reduction, etc though. Suggestions welcome.

Actually I noticed the horrible blacks and banding when I was creating the Photoshop image, so I will probably get something else...