Benq Xl2411Z - half of screen tinted by blue dots

khorkalba

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016
I recently bought a new BenQ Xl2411Z monitor along with an upgrade to a GTX 970 GPU. For some reason, the left half of the screen appears to have a blue tint to it which on close inspection is made up of a uniform pattern of tiny dots. It's particularly noticeable against dark shades like a solid black desktop background.

I can't seem to get a clear photograph of the problem with my camera, but I found someone else experiencing a very similar problem on a different BenQ monitor only with a reddish tint covering half the screen: http://i.imgur.com/5lXpOfI.jpg

At first I thought it might be an issue with the DVI cable, but when I switched to HDMI, the dots remained. So then I wondered whether it could be an issue with the new GPU, but when I tried connecting an old Samsung monitor to my PC, the image was fine. At this point I figured that the BenQ monitor had to be faulty, but here's where it gets weird - when I tried connecting the monitor to my laptop, everything looked flawless.

I've tried adjusting just about every setting I can find both in the monitor menu and in Nvidia Control Panel. The issue remains.

khorkalba

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016

The old monitor uses the same resolution. I have tried a variety of different resolutions though and the problem remains - half the screen is still covered by dots.

One thing I have noticed is that when I switch from 144hz to 60hz, the dots start to flicker.