benq xl2411z "issue"

tarmo32

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
Hello!

i have benq xl2411z motinor and its 1080p 144hz, today i updated nvidia gforce experiance and new nvidia driver. afer that i installed hearthstone and when it launched the resolution was 2716x1527 at 144hz.

how is this possibe? :D i checked screen resolution and it was 1920x1080p (recommended) and above it was 2716x1527. could someone explain this to me since it shouldnt be possible and it is fully functional (no crooked text or anything) and games fork at this resolution and i see the difference.

Solution
Check Nvidia Geforce Experience. It's Nvidia's DSR (dynamic super resolution) where it renders the game at a higher res and downsamples it to your screen size for better fidelity.

ops-image2.png

You might want to turn off automatically optimize games in the general settings if you want to change them manually.

dangus

Admirable
Oct 8, 2015
what kind of GPU do you have? Nvidia has something called DSR "dynamic super resolution" which can upsample your native resolution to simulate a higher resolution. look in nvidia control panel to see if that's active. some games have this natively as well.

AMD also has something similar. don't remember the name

tarmo32

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016

i have 960 4gb

Check Nvidia Geforce Experience. It's Nvidia's DSR (dynamic super resolution) where it renders the game at a higher res and downsamples it to your screen size for better fidelity.

ops-image2.png

You might want to turn off automatically optimize games in the general settings if you want to change them manually.

Solution