Question BenQ XL2540 only 144hz (aiming for 240hz)

Sep 7, 2020
Hello,

my BenQ XL2540, which always provided 240hz on 1920x1080 with my current setup, startet to just work with 144hz max.

Setup:

CPU: i7 9700k
Motherboard: Asrock z390 pro4
Ram: 2x 8192MB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 DIMM
SSD: Sasmung Evo 970 250 / 500GB - Crucial BX300 500GB
GPU: Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming
PSU: 650W bequiet 80+
BIOS Version: Up to date 4.50

Things i tried:
  • Checked via manuals (display/graphiccard) the ports which provide 240hz and used the different DP calbles on that
  • Checked the OSD from the display for any special 240hz settings - there are none (also the manual only thematized the windows display adapter settings)
  • Reinstalled the nvidia driver with DDU (also checked the 3D Settings there)
  • Even reinstalled windows
  • Used a software to force the 240hz. i got a picture when i was using the costum resolution but it still wasnt 240hz.
  • Updated biosversion
  • Updated the display driver itself
  • System reset of the display via OSD
  • Tested at another SystemGPU (RTX 2080s)
The nvidia controlpanel and the windows display adapter settings even show me the 240hz option (sometimes).
When i try to active it my screen is getting black.

thanks for helping and best regards
draqe

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

Include the version for your OS. You might want to use DDU to remove your current GPU drivers and then reinstall with the latest found off of Nvidia's support site. Install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Make sure you're on the latest BIOS for your motherboard. Grab the driver for your display from here and see if that aide's you.

Sep 7, 2020
Thanks for your fast response.
I updated bios, reinstalled the GPU driver with DDU and grabbed the displaydriver you gave me.
All those things didnt help me out.

Ty for your help.

Last edited: