BenQ XL2720Z on display port

willvaz

Reputable
Mar 16, 2015
I have a habit of shutting down my monitor when not in use and leaving my PC running and turn it back on when I need it. If I do this with the BenQ XL2720Z it does not detect a signal on the display port and I need to restart my PC or unplug and re-plug the display port cable on the video card to obtain the image back. This is my first time using a display port setup, is this normal or may I have a bad unit?

Solution
You need to flash to version 4 firmware. This fixes the displayport loss of signal errors (this also happens on XL2420Z but not XL2430T).

V4 firmware also adds two new undocumented AMA settings that only apply to blur reduction mode (and they are activated by toggling the AMA after MBR has been enabled first).. But the settings are reset after any change in brightness or strobe settings or resolution switches.

The instructions on this page of the blur busters thread should get you sorted out. It's not hard to do, even if you never touched a Linux shell before. Each step is clear and will get you flashed to version 4. The hardest part will be identifying what i2c bus the monitor is connected to...

Falkentyne

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
You need to flash to version 4 firmware. This fixes the displayport loss of signal errors (this also happens on XL2420Z but not XL2430T).

V4 firmware also adds two new undocumented AMA settings that only apply to blur reduction mode (and they are activated by toggling the AMA after MBR has been enabled first).. But the settings are reset after any change in brightness or strobe settings or resolution switches.

The instructions on this page of the blur busters thread should get you sorted out. It's not hard to do, even if you never touched a Linux shell before. Each step is clear and will get you flashed to version 4. The hardest part will be identifying what i2c bus the monitor is connected to.

http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=779&start=200

Solution