[SOLVED] ''Benq XL411P 144Hz'' Stuck at 60hz with DVI

DrWebi

Prominent
Sep 28, 2019
I just bought a Benq XL411p monitor and also a DVI Dual-link cable. I plugged all the thing in and i cant change Hz to 144hz, its stuck at 60hz

I have a GT 1030 GPU and my dvi output is a DVI Dual-Link. This is my first time asking for help on this site.

I hope you can help =)

Solution
Yes, I see the problem. Your GPU can't 144Hz due to single link DVI. The monitor only supports 144Hz on dual link DVI and Displayport. Your card appears to support HDMI 2.0b, but would require an expensive HDMI to Active Displayport adapter to have a chance to work. Your best option would be a better GPU, even secondhand, and a Displayport cable. The 1030 really doesnt have near enough GPU muscle to push the 144Hz capability.

DrWebi

Prominent
Sep 28, 2019
Thanks for the reply :D
this monitor has DVI , Display port and HDMI.

On my gt 1030 there is a DVI Dual link output atleast what i see. and yes i saw the link its just that it looks it would be dual link

Is there any other way i could fix this problem like an adapter or something?

and btw my pc dont have display port

Last edited:
Yes, I see the problem. Your GPU can't 144Hz due to single link DVI. The monitor only supports 144Hz on dual link DVI and Displayport. Your card appears to support HDMI 2.0b, but would require an expensive HDMI to Active Displayport adapter to have a chance to work. Your best option would be a better GPU, even secondhand, and a Displayport cable. The 1030 really doesnt have near enough GPU muscle to push the 144Hz capability.

Solution

DrWebi

Prominent
Sep 28, 2019
Thanks for the help! any good suggestion for a budget GPU? max price 175$

Just some quick searches in your budget, the Radeon RX 570 would be great choice and huge upgrade that fits in your budget, though not sure on the sites you listed earlier. Nvidia's newest GPU in that price range is the 1650, and the RX 570 is considerable faster, at the expense of higher power consumption. That said, what PSU are you using in your system? These kinds of cards, namely the 570, would need a 6-pin PCI-E power connector. What about your system case?

DrWebi

Prominent
Sep 28, 2019
Sorry for the late reply i was on vaccation and totally forgot about this

heres my specs:

ASUS mother board H110 K31cd-k Main BD
Case VivoPC K31CD
Gpu gt 1030
ram Hynix HMA81GU6AFR8N-UH 1x8GB
cpu Intel Core i5-7400
psu AcBel PCA022-ZA6G

is pretty outdated and crappy. what gpu can i have in this

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Unfortunately you can't do much with that PSU in terms of wattage. And as for PCIe power cables not sure. Honestly you won't be able to get anything but a 1650 as long as the 1650 doesn't require external power.

Your power supply just can't handle anything that requires external power honestly.
Here's the cheapest 1650 on gigantti at 169 eruos
https://www.gigantti.fi/product/tie...asus-geforce-dual-gtx-1650-oc-naytonohjain-4g

and after looking on both that site and the multitronic one, that is the best bang for buck you can get for any GPU that is within your budget on either site honestly.

So that would be your upgrade.

DrWebi

Prominent
Sep 28, 2019
Unfortunately you can't do much with that PSU in terms of wattage. And as for PCIe power cables not sure. Honestly you won't be able to get anything but a 1650 as long as the 1650 doesn't require external power.

Your power supply just can't handle anything that requires external power honestly.
Here's the cheapest 1650 on gigantti at 169 eruos
https://www.gigantti.fi/product/tie...asus-geforce-dual-gtx-1650-oc-naytonohjain-4g

and after looking on both that site and the multitronic one, that is the best bang for buck you can get for any GPU that is within your budget on either site honestly.

So that would be your upgrade.
I see. ill maybe upgrade if i get a oppertunity to that money. Also i found out that a GTX 1050 ti requires a 300W-350W psu that i have. Im not sure if the gpu fits to my case and motherboard, i only found information about this ASUS K31CD-K prebuilt pc i got
https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Asus-K31CD-K/51799 Could you maybe have a look if my case and motherboard fits?