Question Benq XR3501 Never sleeps.

Dec 26, 2020
Hello.

So my power button went out of use on this display and I cannot use it properly anymore. I have had this issue before so I had to use power button to turn screen off.

I have two monitors. Main monitor is XR3501, using DP - DP connection and 2nd monitor is XL2411Z with DVI connection.

When I turn my computer off XR3501 keeps trying to find signal, flashing Benq logo, then blue screen ( DP signal lost ). Display XL2411Z goes to sleep, black screen and sleep light on monitor.

Its bothering me since I wouldnt like to turn off it from plug every time because its lighting my whole apartment up with blue screen every minute.

I have tried updating drivers, switching power settings in bios, windows. I have bought new DP cable 40 bucks. I have tried same settings on XR than on XL. Nothing helps, im out of options and havent found any information from google.

My GPU is 980ti.

Having this issue what this guy is telling here. I tried disabling the BIOS his telling there but no help.

Im wondering if this monitor doesnt function to stay black ( Power standby / Sleep ) untill I turn my PC on? Or is something wrong.

Any help?

Last edited:

Bentp2019

Commendable
Dec 16, 2019
I think the old monitor displays the blue screen when the signal is lost. It's not the problem of your PC or GPU. It's just the design of the monitor.
What you can do is shut down the monitor manually. Look at the bright sight, save some power, save the Earth.

Dec 26, 2020
Yeah, I had to buy new adapter for my powersupply wich works with wifi because button of monitor is broken and powercord goes to the place unreachable without moving everything.

Its pretty odd since it doesnt have the sleepmode I guess. It has sleepmode when computer is on tho. Not when its power is turned off.