[SOLVED] BenQ Zowie XL2546K - picture feels over saturated

haydenr34

Prominent
Jan 9, 2021
I recently upgraded from a BenQ Zowie XL2411 144hz monitor to a BenQ Zowie XL2546K 24.5 inch 240hz monitor and despite playing around with the settings for over 2 hours now, I cannot get the video settings to feel 'right'. Everything seems darker and over saturated in comparison to my old monitor/set up. Is there any specific set ups or share settings I could try to fix this?

It's hard to describe the feeling.. 'over saturated' is probably the best I could put it. Seems a little darker too but if I turn the brightness up too much, it starts looking horrible.

Solution
You should tinker around with contrast after you've set the brightness to say 75% or lower. I usually tend to set my brightness low and then work with the contrast until it doesn't hurt my eyes. You will also need to keep in mind that ambient lightning or room lighting does improve or degrade your visual consumption of your display. So, having a light on in your room around the monitor helps with the way your eye's perceive the panel's output.

If that makes sense, i.e.

Lutfij

Titan
You should tinker around with contrast after you've set the brightness to say 75% or lower. I usually tend to set my brightness low and then work with the contrast until it doesn't hurt my eyes. You will also need to keep in mind that ambient lightning or room lighting does improve or degrade your visual consumption of your display. So, having a light on in your room around the monitor helps with the way your eye's perceive the panel's output.

If that makes sense, i.e.

Solution