Question Bent cpu corner and pc getting blue screen or once in a blue moon a complete red screen

usxbtr

Commendable
Jan 26, 2018
It's a i5 6600 and i accidentally droped it while putting it back into the box (I know I'm stupid). It landed right on the corner and it got bent.

I was able to bent it back and it worked... But ONLY SOMETIMES i get a blue screen once or twice in a blue moon a clean red screen and pc restarts. Red screen makes me think it's my gpu but while stressing it works fine. During gaming it occurs of course.

Cpu was bent past summer and then during in winter. All problems magically disappeared and miraculously reappeared a week ago. Since then I've reinstalled window 4 times to make sure it isn't drivers conflicting.

Crash dumps shows problem caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe.
Error: UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION.
and whocrashed also says it's likely a software problem and not hardware related so how accurate is whocrashed at this?

I thought it was temperature as it worked fine in winter but I've temps never cross 62 C during gaming. So I'm literally lost as to what this causing.

Is it because of bent or something else.

I Should mention i mined some on the gpu but again whole winter pc was fine.

Specs:
Rx 480
i5 6600
H170 gaming 3
8gb DDR4
1 TB HDD
256 SSD

EDIT: I've actually solved the problem, it was the hard drive but another issue arises so I'm gonna make a new thread.
Thanks anyway
Ralston18 for replying.

Pics of bent corner
View: http://imgur.com/gallery/R3930JR

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS