Question Bent LGA 1151 pins

randyh121

Prominent
Jan 3, 2023
Does not look that bent to be permanently damaged but you need to bend it back into place. Like ^^^ said, gotta get some steady hands and a small needle/dentalpick to bend it into place

USAFRet

Titan
Bent motherboard pins
Before - No boot
1a9v061.jpg

After - boot success
oenFyWk.jpg

to fix:
JYUnC45.png

I count perhaps 10 pins that need to be fixed.
Not useful to try to determine what is impacted.
Since the chip is out of the socket, the only thing to do is to get them straight and test.
One needs to drop the chip in cleanly.
Of you need to smoosh it around, you will bend something.
Often bent pins result in memory issues like missing ram slots or no dual channel.

If you doubt your ability, take the motherboard to a jeweler who can easily do such work.

TactX21

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2014
Try and straighten the pins using a credit card, a needle, a pair of steady hands and a magnifying glass that's mounted securely or follow this video;
View: https://youtu.be/mhOYEQ65a94

So I got an old processor, put it into the motherboard, and it booted it up just fine and everything is running okay. Is there a way I can fully test the functionality?

The issue is that the pin which corresponds to the purple/pink box looks like it is snapped at the top? I try moving it around and I think I can see the top of it, but it still stands out and doesn't look like the others. The other pin is a ground pin which I believe is okay if it remains bent?

USAFRet

Titan
So I got an old processor, put it into the motherboard, and it booted it up just fine and everything is running okay. Is there a way I can fully test the functionality?

The issue is that the pin which corresponds to the purple/pink box looks like it is snapped at the top? I try moving it around and I think I can see the top of it, but it still stands out and doesn't look like the others. The other pin is a ground pin which I believe is okay if it remains bent?
The only acceptable number of bent pins is 0.

What flows through there may not have been accessed yet.

Reactions: Lutfij

TRENDING THREADS