Question Bent mainboard pin affect 3DMARK?

ShinyChariot

Prominent
Apr 24, 2019
So....
I just realize that my motherboard CPU socket pins are bent a lot (up to 10).
I'm kind of panic a little bit but my system's still running fine and no problem yet, then I went read some article about performance dropped after bent pin.

So I decided to use 3DMark for benchmark, the result is quite similar to my older test when I complete built about 2 years back.

Sky Diver test :
2017 Total score: 22,479
Graphics score: 44 ,049
Physics score :7,146
Combined score: 15 ,462

2019(Today) Total score: 22,198
Graphics score: 43 ,127
Physics score :7 ,074
Combined score: 15 ,498

Both 2017/2019 CPU Frequency (MHz) /GPU Memory Clock (MHz)are very similar. (no difference)

-Does this mean nothing happened to my CPU performance?
-those bent pins are not affected my PC at all?

Sorry for any mistake here, I'm not a native speaker.
Thank you for all the help.

ShinyChariot

Prominent
Apr 24, 2019
If it was seated and nothing bad happened then you are good to go. But when you go to reseat it you may bend them even more. Can you post a pic of your pins?

I would like to but I'm just finishing repaste CPU, and my water cooling sink is super tight (probably this thing cause the bent?).

So basically I don't need to do anything right? bend them back may cause more harm than good?
Thanks anyway!

ShinyChariot

Prominent
Apr 24, 2019
Yes contray to popular belief the cooling plate doesn't need to be super tight against the cpu. As long as it is touching is all you need.

I know, but the back plate that connects the sink screw is very tight, it's tight not because I did that but because of the structure back plate that kind of not perfect fits (behind motherboard)

I don't know how to exactly explain this in English though, sorry about that.