Question Bent PCIE pins on one of my graphic card slots

Feb 26, 2023
I went today and got a new AIO Cpu cooler and installed it, well when I went to take out the gpu to make some room for my hands to get inside the case I accidentally ripped off the whole graphics pcie slot and the pins were bent aswell. Thinking nothing of it since I have 3 other slots to use I finished installing my new CPU AIO and went to turn on my pc and it won’t boot at all, no power no sound no nothing. Is my computer not booting because of those bent PCIE graphics card slots? Or would it be something else

Board is done. Never going to work. Very hard learning experience but there is absolutely no doubt that is your problem. It is simply damaged beyond usability. Doesn't even matter what slot it is, they are all interconnected. Not going to be warrantable either. Never forget to unlock the PCIe slot lock when you attempt to remove a graphics card. You are not the first to do this. You will not be the last. Expensive mistake. Sorry, but thems the facts. NOT going to try and sugar coat it for you.

Not even sure why you'd have had the graphics card installed there in the first place as it's not even the correct location for a primary graphics card installation. That slot doesn't even support full PCIe x16 speeds like the primary slot closest to the CPU, which is where EVERY graphics card is supposed to be installed unless there are multiple cards installed and we really don't install multiple cards anymore except in VERY niche configurations.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech
Feb 26, 2023
Board is done. Never going to work. Very hard learning experience but there is absolutely no doubt that is your problem. It is simply damaged beyond usability. Doesn't even matter what slot it is, they are all interconnected. Not going to be warrantable either. Never forget to unlock the PCIe slot lock when you attempt to remove a graphics card. You are not the first to do this. You will not be the last. Expensive mistake. Sorry, but thems the facts. NOT going to try and sugar coat it for you.

Not even sure why you'd have had the graphics card installed there in the first place as it's not even the correct location for a primary graphics card installation. That slot doesn't even support full PCIe x16 speeds like the primary slot closest to the CPU, which is where EVERY graphics card is supposed to be installed unless there are multiple cards installed and we really don't install multiple cards anymore except in VERY niche configurations.
That’s where I had my card originally slotted then I accident block the lock on that slot so I went to use that other one and boom I toasted my <Mod Edit> by breaking off the whole thing so