Question Bent Pins on HDMI Port of Graphics Card

sansnom11

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2013
So I accidently messed up the pins on the HDMI port of my graphics card. The port is no longer usable.

I usually have my computer hooked up to my television using an HDMI cable but now I have no choice to either use displayport or DVI.

My question is, should I use a displayport to HDMI cable or should I use an adapter.

Is there a difference of quality or input lag if I use a cable vs an adapter?

Also, if I get an adapater rather than a displayport/hdmi cable, should the adapter be connected to the PC or the TV? Does it matter?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Should not matter much, benefit of an adapter is that you can use a standard HDMI cable which is usable anywhere, if you get a DP to HDMI cable, you will only be able to use it with another DP to HDMI connection. Adapter would go on the video card since that is where the output comes from.

Reactions: sansnom11

sansnom11

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2013
Should not matter much, benefit of an adapter is that you can use a standard HDMI cable which is usable anywhere, if you get a DP to HDMI cable, you will only be able to use it with another DP to HDMI connection. Adapter would go on the video card since that is where the output comes from.
I ended up buying an adapter after starting this thread. It's been working great.

Thanks for your reply