Question BeQuet System Power B9 600W Bronze

xyloosepwr

Prominent
Mar 7, 2019
I use this PSU with i7 7700, RTX 2070, SATA SSD 120GB, NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD 240GB, 1 TB HDD, 2 x 8 GB DDR4. Cooler on CPU is Deepcool Gammax 400

I wanna upgrade my PC with new CPU and Motherboard (i7 9700k & MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus Motherboard). I don't plan to overclock CPU till i buy better PSU and CPU Cooler. Will this PSU work with those components if i don't overclock i7 9700k?

PSU specs: https://www.bequiet.com/en/powersupply/1282

mangaman

Honorable
Any good quality PSU will be enough for you build. The one you linked is an entry level PSU, and is OK but not that great. I would get one with a bit better quality, especially since you are running an i7 9700k and an RTX2070.

You mentioned that you don't plan to overclock the CPU with the PSU you are buying, but plan to overclock when you get a better PSU. Why not just get a good quality PSU in the first place? You will be spending much less money, when buying just one PSU that will last for many years.

What's your budget?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Yes. It will work. For how long is the unknown part. Most psus have no issues with loads under @ 50%, it's only when you start exceeding that that they'll move into the iffy area. The lower the quality, the better the chance of issues. The better quality psus will run at 100% rated loads all day long, whereas the budget psus, off brands, generics etc can often burn out or blow up.

You aren't changing power needs much moving from a 65w to a 95w cpu, until it boosts, and is capable of almost 200w draws. Add in a 2070 that can draw another 200w and the rest of the pc at @ 100w and a good, hard gaming session can see 400+ watts easily.

On an aged 600w psu that was design intended for office use, not gaming pc use.

It'll work until it doesn't

xyloosepwr

Prominent
Mar 7, 2019
Any good quality PSU will be enough for you build. The one you linked is an entry level PSU, and is OK but not that great. I would get one with a bit better quality, especially since you are running an i7 9700k and an RTX2070.

You mentioned that you don't plan to overclock the CPU with the PSU you are buying, but plan to overclock when you get a better PSU. Why not just get a good quality PSU in the first place? You will be spending much less money, when buying just one PSU that will last for many years.

What's your budget?
I already have this psu (BeQuet B9 600W Bronze), psu is almost new and because of that i wanna avoid buying new one.

xyloosepwr

Prominent
Mar 7, 2019
Yes. It will work. For how long is the unknown part. Most psus have no issues with loads under @ 50%, it's only when you start exceeding that that they'll move into the iffy area. The lower the quality, the better the chance of issues. The better quality psus will run at 100% rated loads all day long, whereas the budget psus, off brands, generics etc can often burn out or blow up.

You aren't changing power needs much moving from a 65w to a 95w cpu, until it boosts, and is capable of almost 200w draws. Add in a 2070 that can draw another 200w and the rest of the pc at @ 100w and a good, hard gaming session can see 400+ watts easily.

On an aged 600w psu that was design intended for office use, not gaming pc use.

It'll work until it doesn't
After buying rtx 2070 my i7 7700 work on boost 4.2 ghz, don't know does i7 9700k boost automatically without overclock?

xyloosepwr

Prominent
Mar 7, 2019
The BeQuiet System power series is a budget-oriented PSU. I would STRONGLY suggest getting a better quality power supply.

What is your budget and country?
I live in Germany, and i bought this PSU few months ago and i wanna try to avoid buying new one if is possible. In my Case i got 2 120m Air Coolers on front panel, and one 120m air cooler on rear panel.

EDIT: i found one not very expensive, actually its a little cheaper than this one what i have (BeQuet system power b9 600w is 57€ in my country but this one https://www.alternate.de/html/produ...MIkou9mYPk5AIV1ud3Ch0OewLWEAQYBCABEgJnzfD_BwE is 50€ 750w gold. Is this gigabyte 750W enough?

Last edited:
I live in Germany, and i bought this PSU few months ago and i wanna try to avoid buying new one if is possible. In my Case i got 2 120m Air Coolers on front panel, and one 120m air cooler on rear panel.

EDIT: i found one not very expensive, actually its a little cheaper than this one what i have (BeQuet system power b9 600w is 57€ in my country but this one https://www.alternate.de/html/produ...MIkou9mYPk5AIV1ud3Ch0OewLWEAQYBCABEgJnzfD_BwE is 50€ 750w gold. Is this gigabyte 750W enough?
I have heard of Gigabyte having some good models, but I'm not very knowledgable with Gigabyte models. The low price is a little worrying.

Here is a better-known model
https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product...fied-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-650fx

Reactions: xyloosepwr

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, the i7 9700k will boost, the 3.6GHz is its base operating speed, which you'll really only see at less than @ 30% loads. Anything higher and it'll turbo upto 4.9GHz on as many cores as it can or needs to as long as voltages and temps allow it to.

That's a normal thing.

The bq sp9 is entry level, but not that bad. You could do a whole lot worse. It's not in any immediate danger of blowing up or frying your pc and is only going to run @ 70% of its rated capacity if you really pound on it. Otherwise you'll be gaming @ 50% at best.

With that unit, you should be fine. It'll handle stock loads without issue. And no, I'd not trade it out for a unit in roughly the same price range, a larger unit costing the same would make me wonder why, and a smaller unit wouldn't do what you need.

The psu has nothing to do with your case airflow. It's upside down, fan on the bottom, so sucks air into itself from outside the case and shoves it out the back. Self contained.

xyloosepwr

Prominent
Mar 7, 2019
I have heard of Gigabyte having some good models, but I'm not very knowledgable with Gigabyte models. The low price is a little worrying.

Here is a better-known model
https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product...fied-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-650fx
I change my mind and give up from Gigabyte because warranty is only one year. I found this one and ordered, its on sale in one shop in Germany, it cost 77€, 5 years warranty. https://www.amazon.de/Thermaltake-Netzteil-zertifiziert-Luefter-Kabelmanagement/dp/B01LZLWIT5

xyloosepwr

Prominent
Mar 7, 2019
Yes, the i7 9700k will boost, the 3.6GHz is its base operating speed, which you'll really only see at less than @ 30% loads. Anything higher and it'll turbo upto 4.9GHz on as many cores as it can or needs to as long as voltages and temps allow it to.

That's a normal thing.

The bq sp9 is entry level, but not that bad. You could do a whole lot worse. It's not in any immediate danger of blowing up or frying your pc and is only going to run @ 70% of its rated capacity if you really pound on it. Otherwise you'll be gaming @ 50% at best.

With that unit, you should be fine. It'll handle stock loads without issue. And no, I'd not trade it out for a unit in roughly the same price range, a larger unit costing the same would make me wonder why, and a smaller unit wouldn't do what you need.

The psu has nothing to do with your case airflow. It's upside down, fan on the bottom, so sucks air into itself from outside the case and shoves it out the back. Self contained.
I ordered this one https://www.amazon.de/Thermaltake-Netzteil-zertifiziert-Luefter-Kabelmanagement/dp/B01LZLWIT5

Now i am not really sure how much is good my cpu cooler Deepcool Gammaxx 400, can i even overclock with this cooler when i use better PSU?