BeQuiet! Pure Base 600 or Silent Base 600 case

Oct 10, 2018
Hello. I’m currently building a new PC and I’ve narrowed my selection of cases down to BeQuite Pure Base 600. My top priority is silence, I won’t be using more than one GPU and I don’t plan to overclock in the foreseeable future, so my requirements for airflow etc. are very general. Besides occasional gaming I’m mostly working with audio, incl. recording, so I’m really interested in silent operation. The thing is, I have a chance to choose between Pure Base 600 and Silent Base 600 (both of them windowless), because I found them for roughly the same price. Would you say one of them is better based on my requirements and if so, why? Thanks a lot in advance! The more feedback the better.

Oct 10, 2018

Thanks a lot. I’m a bit concerned about the release date: out of the two cases Pure Base 600 seems to be the newer model, so I’ve been wondering whether BeQuiet improves the quality of their cases significantly over time... that might justify going for the newer Pure series model.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador

It doesn't matter. The pure base is not as good at keeping the sound inside and therefore not as quiet. And you want silence, so out of those two options it's a simple choice.

Oct 10, 2018

I’ve actually done some additional research (in addition to my usual intuition-based decision-making :) ) and ordered the newer Pure Base 600. Still waiting for all the components to arrive, so I can’t tell whether it proved to be a good decision or not. I’ll keep an eye on this thread and get back to it when I finally have the PC assembled.

P.S. Btw, I also tried to choose a silent GPU, PSU with passive mode, decent CPU cooler and SSD. It seems you can’t just rely on the case itself when it comes to a silent system. Will see how it turns out...