[SOLVED] Best £300 pc

Bob cook

Prominent
Feb 19, 2020
Hi, I sold my old pc so now I can build one for 300. What's the best one because everything have become soo overpriced. Some of the cpu's aren't even on the market. A ryzen 3 3200g now costs £200. So now I don't know what to get. I can't find cpu's or gpu's that are normal price.

Solution
Shall I get a prebuilt and upgrade? Most of the prebuilt I found have dual core cpu. Shall I get like an rx 570 or another gpu under 200 with prebuilt that's around 100
A prebuilt at £100 will not be able to use an RX570 without OTHER changes, like the PSU.
Which may run afoul of proprietary connections and cases.

And an old dual core CPU will leave an RX570 idling most of the time.

The CPU does most of the framerate, the GPU provides the eyecandy.

USAFRet

Titan
Hi, I sold my old pc so now I can build one for 300. What's the best one because everything have become soo overpriced. Some of the cpu's aren't even on the market. A ryzen 3 3200g now costs £200. So now I don't know what to get. I can't find cpu's or gpu's that are normal price.
A prebuilt one, possibly a Dell/HP refurb.
Which will come with a valid Windows license.

At that price point, it will be pretty hard to gather ALL the parts needed individually.

Bob cook

Prominent
Feb 19, 2020
What will the PC be used for?
Even for basic gaming you can't really get anything new for only £300. If you're looking for used from a couple generations ago, maybe, but it won't be a performer.
Games like GTA on low settings and Apex Legends on low settings. I played on my athlon it was alright I don't mind if it is a little better than that.

Bob cook

Prominent
Feb 19, 2020
A prebuilt one, possibly a Dell/HP refurb.
Which will come with a valid Windows license.

At that price point, it will be pretty hard to gather ALL the parts needed individually.
[/QUOTEsh
Shall I get a prebuilt and upgrade? Most of the prebuilt I found have dual core cpu. Shall I get like an rx 570 or another gpu under 200 with prebuilt that's around 100

USAFRet

Titan
A prebuilt at £100 will not be able to use an RX570 without OTHER changes, like the PSU.

Solution

Bob cook

Prominent
Feb 19, 2020

Do you know any good prebuilt that I could upgrade for under 300?
Or shall I just wait for covid to go and then build a pc?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Just wait untill you have some more money to spend. Covid isn't the only and even the main reason why parts and i mean gpu's mostly are expensive.

Only thing i could find in your budget is this one,
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402801594536?hash=item5dc8d890a8:g:XEMAAOSwwoFgg~4N
problem is the old platform, being intel 4th gen i5. Don't know what psu is used. The rest looks fine if it all works. And then i don't really know how it will perform with the games you want to play, you just need to google that. I do not recommend this because it's an old platform, but for what it is is the price not that bad with the gtx 970 in there and even 16gb dualchannel ram.
Oh and storage is minimal.

Last edited:
May 26, 2021
Do you know any good prebuilt that I could upgrade for under 300?
Personally, i'd suggest waiting, until you can afford to spend a bit more. If you have 300 to spend, you're going to end up buying a system that's using an older generation CPU and possibly won't perform as well as you want to. Ultimately, you'll be using an old socket on the board and that will severely restrict your ability to upgrade to any of the newer generation CPU's without also having to replace the motherboard.

If you only have 300 to spend, and you don't plan on upgrading any crucial part of the system any time soon (CPU, motherboard mainly) then it's not as much of an issue, but if you want something you might look to upgrade in a year or two, you're probably better off just saving up and getting something better further down the line. 300 doesn't buy a lot these days. A lot of the newer high end CPU's cost 300 or more alone even at RRP/MSRP.