Best £80 z97 motherboard

iiCryi

Honorable
Aug 22, 2015
I've been looking for a z97 motherboard at around £80. I've found the msi z97 pc mate but I don't really know what is best. I'm looking for something that'll last and won't die on me after a year.

Criteria:
LGA 1150 (obviously)
USB 3.0 headers and atleast 2 usb 3.0 ports
3 fan ports.
atx/m-atx
Doesn't need crossfire/sli support

Thanks for any help

iiCryi

Honorable
Aug 22, 2015
Also Ill be using this build for 3/4 years (yeah i know a long time) but I plan to upgrade alot of the parts in it. I was hoping I would be able to stick with the same motherboard to avoid re-assembling the whole thing again.

iiCryi

Honorable
Aug 22, 2015

Thanks.
I know alot of people don't trust asrock because their faulty or whatever but isn't that just bad luck really? because surely every manufacturer can't perfect every product and someone is going to be unlucky and get the busted board. Anyway.

I was looking at this board earlier and I thought it only had two fan ports.
Can the PWR_FAN be used for plugging in case fans?

iiCryi

Honorable
Aug 22, 2015

I like that gigabyte board but the asus one only has 2 fan ports. Also, Gigabyte has a pretty common layout for this tier of boards and everything is in a similar place to others and I know where everything is on them.

So I don't know which one to pick. What matters the most is how long they last.

iiCryi

Honorable
Aug 22, 2015
Looking at the gigabyte board I noticed there are 7 screw holes rather than 6. Is one of these used to just hold the board in place whilst screwing it down? I've seen this on a few other ones before.