Question Best 1080p-1440p Large TV/Monitor for High Refresh Rate and Low Input Lag

ErikMcLeod

Reputable
Aug 23, 2016
Hey all,

First off, it's really nostalgic for me to be back on these forums. Last time I was here was in early 2016 and boy howdy, this website has gotten quite the face lift since then. It's great to see this great site still going strong.

Anyways, onto the title/topic. Skip to the bulleted list below if you don't want to read my ramblings and would rather skip right to what I'm looking for.

As I've grown older, become more and more busy with my job, gotten into a long term relationship, etc., having done the ultra-hardcore PC gaming thing for a while, I find myself wanting that sort of laid-back, on-the-couch gaming experience all over again. The problem is, I've become too spoiled by high refresh rates, low input latency, high framerates, and so forth. All the stuff associated with high performance PC gaming.

To make a long story short: I want to merge high performance PC gaming with the aforementioned on-the-couch feel. As far as my research has shown, there is almost no market for a 144hz 1ms 1080p monitor that is larger than 27". However, I really don't know the monitor market all too well (I was always more into the internal hardware side of things), so I'm sure there's something I'm missing or something or some keyword I should be looking for to find something that's at least a bit in the direction of what I'm looking for. Below, I'll list exactly what I'm looking for so you can see what my preferences/parameters are:

• Size: ≥32"
  • Refresh rate: ≥100hz
  • Pixel response: <5ms
  • Resolution: ≤2560x1440
  • Panel type: no preference (never owned an IPS panel so I'm more than used to the woes of TN's)
  • Price: preferably ≤$1,000, but am willing to spend more if necessary
  • Wall mountability: no preference (it'll be on a TV console/stand one way or another)
And to be clear, I really, really do not want 4k. Even 1440p would be pushing things. I will not be sitting close to the screen, and I've never cared THAT much about fidelity. For reference, I still use my ASUS VG248QE and I think it looks great lol. In fact, if I could get something like the VG248QE, but 10+ inches larger, that would be literally perfect.

And if it's of any help, I mostly play racing games. Forza, The Crew, the upcoming TDU, Dirt Rally/2.0, Need for Speed: Heat, etc, that kind of stuff.

Any help or guidance here is appreciated, including the potential "you're crazy, that item doesn't exist." If you need any more info, I'd be more than happy to answer any further questions.

Thank you all so much in advance!

ASK THE COMMUNITY