PlymouthJoseph

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2014
Guys... I need some advise!

I am putting my GPU (EVGA 1080 Classified) under water with the NZXT G12. My question is... Which 120mm AIO would be best and is compatible? (I'm thinking about the H80i V2, but it's not officially compatible)

I have a NZXT S340 Elite and I plan on using the rear exhaust for the radiator placement as I've just bought a EVGA CLC 280 for my CPU and that's in the front and I can't use the 140mm fan slot at the top because it won't fit over my motherboard heatsink. (Image of my build before I installed my new AIO)

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
There is no "officially" vs "unofficially" compatible. The G12 is natively compatible with Asetek 'twist' locking brackets. The list on the G12 website is pretty comprehensive.

Ultimately, for a GPU, a 120mm RAD is more than sufficient - and all the Asetek units will perform within a couple of % points of each other, as there's not a whole lot of variance (beyond included fan quality/speeds etc).
I'd find the cheapest, compatible 120mm AIO you can find and replace the fan if necessary

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Any aio that uses an asetek pump (that's the round hockey puck looking one that twist locks into the frame) will work.

Corsair H55, H70, H90, H105,
Nzxt X31/41/42/52/61/62/72,
Evga CLC120 CL-11,
Any Thermaltake Water series.

Most ppl opt for the Corsair H55 based on price. H70 Core if you want a double thick rad + pump and add your own fans.

The square block Coolit pumps like used on the H60/80/100 series aren't compatible

PlymouthJoseph

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2014
Any aio that uses an asetek pump (that's the round hockey puck looking one that twist locks into the frame) will work.

Corsair H55, H70, H90, H105,
Nzxt X31/41/42/52/61/62/72,
Evga CLC120 CL-11,
Any Thermaltake Water series.

Most ppl opt for the Corsair H55 based on price. H70 Core if you want a double thick rad + pump and add your own fans.

The square block Coolit pumps like used on the H60/80/100 series aren't compatible

So, the H70 is the older version of the H80i?
I am after a double thick radiator because I know my GPU will be kicking out a fair bit of heat (As most GPUs do) and I wanting to have as much performance as possible, hoping to keep the temps in the 60°c range while under load.

Also, another thing I have just thought of, how am I meant to cool the VRAM and VRMs? I know you can use some adhesive thermal pads and some copper heatsinks for the VRAM, but could I do the same with the VRMs? I have looked around and I can't really find anyone who has cooled the 1080 Classified with the G12. I also would love to keep the backplate but by the looks of things, that is not going to happen because I am unable to keep the baseplate on the GPU else the AIO won't mount properly.

Is there any other double-thick 120mm AIOs you can think of that would fit? Or would it be worth trying to fit my EVGA CLC 280mm? I know you have to mount it at a funny angle, but wouldn't that be better? I just hope I can get it to work without the copper shim that is sometimes required.

Sorry for the late reply.