Question Best 120mm fans that hang upside down quietly?

Amddefector

Reputable
Sep 5, 2020
As the title says. Can anyone recommend some 120mm case fans that will hang upside down without making annoying sounds. I've tried a few. Like cooler master, corsair etc.... no joy.

Thanks.

Amddefector

Reputable
Sep 5, 2020
My first thought: why are the fans being hung "upside down"?

And that, in turn, begs the question - what is "upside down".

More information needed.

Maybe take some photographs and post here via imgur (www.imgur.com) so we can see what the situation is.

My radiator is mounted in the top of my case with the fans extracting. Back to front is probably a better way of putting it.

Thanks.

Ralston18

Titan
What options (if any) are available per the applicable installation guides for case, radiator, and fans?

The annoying sounds could simply be due to resonance, vibrations, air flows, or maybe just a noisy fan(s).

What make and model fans are installed? The fans may be fighting each other if improperly installed with the net effect of reducing air flows and/or making more noise.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs (include case) and OS information.

If possible, post a couple of photographs. Show the air flows.

Amddefector

Reputable
Sep 5, 2020
What options (if any) are available per the applicable installation guides for case, radiator, and fans?

The annoying sounds could simply be due to resonance, vibrations, air flows, or maybe just a noisy fan(s).

What make and model fans are installed? The fans may be fighting each other if improperly installed with the net effect of reducing air flows and/or making more noise.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs (include case) and OS information.

If possible, post a couple of photographs. Show the air flows.

Hi sorry I should have been more informative. Its not a case of noise of airflow but bearing noise. Even when fans are running minimum speed.

It's a
Corsair icue 4000x case
Intel i5 12600kf
Corsair h115i elite cappellix
Gigabyte z690 gaming x
Evga rtx 3070 xc3 ultra
Corsair vengeance rgb pro 3600 16gb
Corsair cx750 rgb

I have 3 120mm corsair rgb fans front (intake)
1 120mm cooler master rgb fan back (exhaust)
And the aio radiator mounted at the top of the case with 2 120mm corsair fans that come with the cooler (push thru) airflow out the top (exhaust) these are the noisy ones. I thought these cappellix fans where ment to be dual bearing to stop the noise but its still present once things warm up.

The psu is on its own loop at the bottom of the case.

Thanks.

Ralston18

Titan
This cooler? Where purchased?

https://www.unbxtech.com/2021/03/unboxing-review-corsair-h115i-elite-capellix-cpu-cooler.html

From the link:

"The H115i ELITE CAPELLIX is fitted with two ML140 ARGB fans (RWF0042/31-005995) for cooling. The fan is equipped with a magnetic levitation bearing for reduced friction and extended lifespan. It is rated to run from 400 RPM to 2000 RPM, which can generate up to 63 CFM of airflow and 3.0 mmH2O of air pressure. "

Unfortunately I have no way to judge the fan bearing noise.

Someone else may be able to provide comment regarding the bearing noises as being normal vs unduly noisy.

And/or offer suggestions regarding how to quiet down the fans.

If nothing works then consider that the fans are defective in some manner and the cooler needs to be returned.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
As the title says. Can anyone recommend some 120mm case fans that will hang upside down without making annoying sounds. I've tried a few. Like cooler master, corsair etc.... no joy.

Thanks.
What kind of annoying sounds, rattling, vibrating, or just the fan sounding loud from the high RPM fan noise?

That cooler should have 2 X 140mm fans so something is not listed right.

Amddefector

Reputable
Sep 5, 2020
This cooler? Where purchased?

https://www.unbxtech.com/2021/03/unboxing-review-corsair-h115i-elite-capellix-cpu-cooler.html

From the link:

"The H115i ELITE CAPELLIX is fitted with two ML140 ARGB fans (RWF0042/31-005995) for cooling. The fan is equipped with a magnetic levitation bearing for reduced friction and extended lifespan. It is rated to run from 400 RPM to 2000 RPM, which can generate up to 63 CFM of airflow and 3.0 mmH2O of air pressure. "

Unfortunately I have no way to judge the fan bearing noise.

Someone else may be able to provide comment regarding the bearing noises as being normal vs unduly noisy.

And/or offer suggestions regarding how to quiet down the fans.

If nothing works then consider that the fans are defective in some manner and the cooler needs to be returned.

Oh I just just assumed they were 120mm but now looking at it they are a little bigger.

Thanks.