Best 140mm Fans for Airflow but SILENT!

RyGuy9795

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2015
Ok so i'm sure there is plenty of threads on here about this already, but i have a bit of a different situation. So I'm in the market for 4, 140mm Case Fans that are Quiet but with good airflow. I'm most likely to run them at 1,000-1,200 rpm depending on noise level. Also they need to be 4-pin PWM as i want to control them through the Motherboard. I bought a Cheap Silverstone Fan Hub online from Newegg to plug into my Motherboard as i would need more fan headers. I put a link below for that.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999309

For my case i have a Phanteks P400S. Ideally i want 2 140mm up top bringing in air and 2 in front exhausting it. Undecided on the rear Fan as i might take it out for more airflow for the GPU.

Which brings me to my question. What are the Best Case fans out there that are VERY Quiet but still have really good airflow? I'm trying to stay in the realm of $20 a fan If not Cheaper. I've read Noctua's are some of the best but there ugly in my opinion and i would like to steer away from that. If there is a different Color for Noctua then I'm in. SilentWings 3 also heard were really good. The New Corsair ML140 from Corsair i heard are very good but can't justify paying that much for Case fans. I also heard ThermalRight is a good brand but never heard of them to be honest. I want to keep this Thread peaceful discussion not to insight any wars over who is the best. I just simply want to narrow my options down to 2-3 fans and keep suggestions open to any other brands anybody might recommend.

Thanks in Advance!

My Build:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1200 @3.5ghz with Stock Cooler
GPU: MSI GTX 970
MotherBoard: ASUS ROG B350-F Motherboard
RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 16GB
Power Supply: EVGA Gold 750w PSU
Case: Phanteks P400S
Case Fans: Stock Phanteks Fans
SSD: Sandisk 240GB SSD
HDD: 2TB & 1TB WD HDD
Fan Hub: Silverstone PWM Fan Hub System

RyGuy9795

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2015
Well the only reason why i wanted to put Fans in all the spots that i can is to maximize airflow in this case as i hear it doesn't have the best airflow since the noise dampening. Plus when New Ryzen comes out i plan on upgrading but not water cooling so that's why i wanted to have more fans to push out lots of heat.

If i ran it in a setup like you suggested, ( 2x140mm in front blowing in,2X 140mm up top blowing out , then the rear one, Would that make more sense or be too overkill?

Any other suggestions for Fans? I do like the Fractal as there are in my price range, Im just curious if there is anything that is quiet with RGB on it as well with good airflow? Just trying to collect information as i keep doing research as well.

Thanks Again!

TRENDING THREADS