[SOLVED] Best 1440p 144hz IPS G-sync panel?

Jan 20, 2020
Hello,
I feel pretty confident in my understanding of PC components usually but when it comes to monitors I get so worried I'm not going to buy the display that's right for me, and good. Recently I've been looking for an IPS panel with g-sync, while being 1440p and at least 144hz.
I was originally dead set on this monitor. However, then I saw this monitor, which is newer, cheaper, and seems to have more features. But with almost every high end monitor I look at there's always tons of reviews claiming quality checking is terrible which I really don't understand. How can a monitor be so expensive while not being quality checked correctly?
How do both of these monitors stack up against each other? If you have any other suggestions as well I'd love to hear them.
Thank you!

Solution
Those new LG's are getting good reviews. I'd love to try one and see how smooth it is with an Nvidia gpu.

I have the Asus ROG PG279Q. This monitor does not come color calibrated, something to consider when comparing. Honestly, I love the Asus and the G-Sync is as good as the reviews state. But it's expensive.

If you have the ability, maybe try the LG first and see how it "feels". If it doesn't work out then return it and look at something else.
I went with this but from Amazon.de and it cost £419 delivered to the UK in 3 days https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-Ultragear-27GL83A-B-27-Inch-Compatible/dp/B07XLDLZPF

It came with a certificate for colour calibration and has been excellent. The reviews put it up with the best and it’s only negative to those listed is it’s 144Hz. However with G-Sync/Freesync enabled unless you can push over 144fps those extra Hz won’t even be used. My 2080 Super is averaging about 120-130 FPS in modern games with high to ultra settings so unless running a 2080Ti I doubt you will be pushing 144+ unless you sacrifice settings or run less demanding games.

Those new LG's are getting good reviews. I'd love to try one and see how smooth it is with an Nvidia gpu.

I have the Asus ROG PG279Q. This monitor does not come color calibrated, something to consider when comparing. Honestly, I love the Asus and the G-Sync is as good as the reviews state. But it's expensive.

If you have the ability, maybe try the LG first and see how it "feels". If it doesn't work out then return it and look at something else.

Solution