vlatko_1

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2016
Hi, I know that AOC 24g2 has a best review's but in my country is out of stock long time, I have two monitors on my mind one is MSI G241 and second one is AOC C24G2U... what is best monitor to go with or to recommend something else in this price range. thanks 😊

Solution
None of these Monitors you mentioned have in my country only MSI G241 and now I see that they have some Asus VG249Q.

What's the difference between g241 and g242?
Also I know that aoc c24g2u was with VA panel is it bad that also it's 165hz...?
And finally what to do now? (because they said to me that maybe they will never have aoc 24g2 again in stock...)

The downside of not having used any of them is that I have to base what I say on reviews, information and spec sheets. Basically from my understanding the G241 and G242 are more or less the same. Some differencens on the SRGB and such, but I'm confident that you wont notice a 1% difference. And apparently the G241 uses the same panel as the aoc 24g2, but has better dynamic...

Macif

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2014
I dont have personal experience with them, but some monitors I have seen being mentioned around the same price range (note that this can depend on region) are the following: MSI optix g242 and BENQ EX2510. As far as 24 inch monitors goes.

And I dont know if you've heard but the AOC 24g2 got its panel changed a while back. So some people are not that happy with the new one. While others feel that some aspects of it has improved. While other things decreased. Not saying this to discourage you if it becomes available again. But figured I'd mention it.

Also do keep in mind that the AOC C24G2U has a VA panel. While the MSI G241, AOC 24g2 and the ones I have mentioned are all IPS. If you're set on getting an IPS monitor.

Last edited:

vlatko_1

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2016
I dont have personal experience with them, but some monitors I have seen being mentioned around the same price range (note that this can depend on region) are the following: MSI optix g242 and BENQ EX2510. As far as 24 inch monitors goes.

And I dont know if you've heard but the AOC 24g2 got its panel changed a while back. So some people are not that happy with the new one. While others feel that some aspects of it has improved. While other things decreased. Not saying this to discourage you if it becomes available again. But figured I'd mention it.

Also do keep in mind that the AOC C24G2U has a VA panel. While the MSI G241, AOC 24g2 and the ones I have mentioned are all IPS. If you're set on getting an IPS monitor.
None of these Monitors you mentioned have in my country only MSI G241 and now I see that they have some Asus VG249Q.

Also I know that aoc c24g2u was with VA panel is it bad that also it's 165hz...?
And finally what to do now? (because they said to me that maybe they will never have aoc 24g2 again in stock...)

Reactions: sizzling

Macif

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2014

The downside of not having used any of them is that I have to base what I say on reviews, information and spec sheets. Basically from my understanding the G241 and G242 are more or less the same. Some differencens on the SRGB and such, but I'm confident that you wont notice a 1% difference. And apparently the G241 uses the same panel as the aoc 24g2, but has better dynamic contrast ratio. If you're really looking for the differences here.

The G242 uses the same new panel as the 24g2. While the G241 uses the same panel as the 24g2. Being the older model perhaps you're lucky and the G241 uses the old panel and not the new panel. If it is an older batch. Looking closer at the panel issue to be more spesific, the whole thing is that the increased contrast ratio from the old panel is decreased on the new one, while it has improved motion clarity. So it really depends on what you're looking for.

Higher refresh rate on a monitor is always great, but honestly a 165hz isn't a big jump from a 144hz. While for instance jumping from 60hz to 144hz is.

As far as VA and IPS panel goes it depends on what you're after. IPS has good viewing angles and great color reproduction. But at the cost of response time and refresh rate. If you're not playing competetive but rather want a beautiful/immersive experience then IPS has the edge. VA panels are a middle ground of sorts. It has better refresh rates and contrasts for one thing. But the viewing angles and color production arent on the same level as IPS. And the response time is slower.

What you do now is up to you. But unless you're really into monitors I got the feeling that you'd be happy with any of the choices you pick. Which are available.

Reactions: vlatko_1
Solution

vlatko_1

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2016
The downside of not having used any of them is that I have to base what I say on reviews, information and spec sheets. Basically from my understanding the G241 and G242 are more or less the same. Some differencens on the SRGB and such, but I'm confident that you wont notice a 1% difference. And apparently the G241 uses the same panel as the aoc 24g2, but has better dynamic contrast ratio. If you're really looking for the differences here.

The G242 uses the same new panel as the 24g2. While the G241 uses the same panel as the 24g2. Being the older model perhaps you're lucky and the G241 uses the old panel and not the new panel. If it is an older batch. Looking closer at the panel issue to be more spesific, the whole thing is that the increased contrast ratio from the old panel is decreased on the new one, while it has improved motion clarity. So it really depends on what you're looking for.

Higher refresh rate on a monitor is always great, but honestly a 165hz isn't a big jump from a 144hz. While for instance jumping from 60hz to 144hz is.

As far as VA and IPS panel goes it depends on what you're after. IPS has good viewing angles and great color reproduction. But at the cost of response time and refresh rate. If you're not playing competetive but rather want a beautiful/immersive experience then IPS has the edge. VA panels are a middle ground of sorts. It has better refresh rates and contrasts for one thing. But the viewing angles and color production arent on the same level as IPS. And the response time is slower.

What you do now is up to you. But unless you're really into monitors I got the feeling that you'd be happy with any of the choices you pick. Which are available.
wow man thanks allot that was completely review thanks one more time for your effort to explain to me the things...

And I will buy the cheeper one probably AOC with VA panel because I will not know what type of MSI G241 panel will have that one I buy, I don't want to gamble...

One thing is for sure it will be a great upgrade from my old but very good one pall DELL P2417Hb...