Question Best 240hz 1920x1080 display?

- sam -

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2014
I don't know where to begin, I have had the worst few days ever.

Basically I[ve been using a BenQ XL2411Z 24 inch 144hz monitor for over 6 years. However recently I managed to get a new RTX GPU which made me want to buy a 1440p display since I have the hardware for it. I went ahead and spent a few days doing mass research and comparing monitors and I ended up buying the Dell S2721DGFA which arrived two days ago. Ever since I plugged it in I can only find things to complain about, it's actually upsetting me because I was looking forward to upgrading to a 27" 1440p display but it seems like the colours are really OFF. For example the reds on my display look extremely neon bright yet everything else looks washed out and faded. The blacks are grey and don't look black at all.

I've downloaded the driver and used multiple ICC profiles along with checking if I have the native resolution selected but nothing has helped me. I did some research and it's either a faulty panel or I'm not used to it. But the reds are so bright compared to over colours it doesn't look right whatseover.

So I'm in the process of wanting to return the monitor and I will go back to what I know I was comfortable with. A 1920x1080 24" display. However I will get a 240hz one, will this display have sharp and crisp colours like a 1440p monitor would? I'm so confused and upset to know what to do right now.

Is it possible for someone not to like a 1440p 27" Also when I watch Twitch streams the gameplay looks so blurry on my 1440p display. why? What is causing this?

Lutfij

Titan
We have a thing where we classify things by their names or their series. The S series was never meant to be something that could deliver eye candy. To add, anything with a "gaming" moniker on it is a ploy by the advertising/marketing division to capture the unsuspecting customer. In our field of work, we tend to see the "gaming" tag as a sign of lackluster quality, parts or features that people who want more in their purchases will not realize since they're too busy, bragging about their "gaming" hardware.

I would highly recommend that you return the panel and get something higher up the pecking order. Speaking of order, where are you located, how much can you spend on a monitor, what are your preferences on the panel and what site would you prefer to purchase from(provided you're not stuck with store credit)?

- sam -

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2014
We have a thing where we classify things by their names or their series. The S series was never meant to be something that could deliver eye candy. To add, anything with a "gaming" moniker on it is a ploy by the advertising/marketing division to capture the unsuspecting customer. In our field of work, we tend to see the "gaming" tag as a sign of lackluster quality, parts or features that people who want more in their purchases will not realize since they're too busy, bragging about their "gaming" hardware.

I would highly recommend that you return the panel and get something higher up the pecking order. Speaking of order, where are you located, how much can you spend on a monitor, what are your preferences on the panel and what site would you prefer to purchase from(provided you're not stuck with store credit)?

It seems like IPS is the most popular and it's what this 1440p 165hz display has. I don't mind it, took a day to get used to the IPS glow but I guess it's nice.
I just seem to hate everything about this 1440p monitor. The fact when I watch Twitch streams it is very blurry now, I don't get why. It was perfect quality on my 24" inch but watching streams is so bad now, even certain videos.

I just want a monitor which will have good colours and be used for heavy gaming.

As for a budget I'm willing to invest to ensure I won't have this problem I'm having. I feel like I should return this monitor and downgrade back to the 1080p 24" like I had before.

I will use Overclockers, SCAN, Currys etc. Anywhere besides Amazon I can use.