Question Best 240hz monitor you’ve used?

HerEyeSin

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
I am going crazy, I literally bought a165hz 1440p monitor only to realize it was th wrong one. And while returning it, I now have changed my mind for the 100th time. I am going to buy a 240hz monitor and would like to know what is the best 240hz monitor in your guys opinion

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
AFAIK, every 240Hz monitor out there is going to be a TN panel, 1ms response time..... So in the spec regard, they'll be very similar
You're basically paying for G-Sync, or not paying for FreeSync (about a 50/50 split in market), with G-Sync panels being in the ~$450 range, starting..... FreeSync is more in the $300 range for a comparable offering.

There's a couple that support neither though.
https://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#D=240000&sort=price

The differing factors are going to be fairly subjective; screen size, build quality, OSD, built-in speakers etc. Don't think a curved panel exists in the 240Hz space yet though.

HerEyeSin

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
AFAIK, every 240Hz monitor out there is going to be a TN panel, 1ms response time..... So in the spec regard, they'll be very similar
You're basically paying for G-Sync, or not paying for FreeSync (about a 50/50 split in market), with G-Sync panels being in the ~$450 range, starting..... FreeSync is more in the $300 range for a comparable offering.

There's a couple that support neither though.
https://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#D=240000&sort=price

The differing factors are going to be fairly subjective; screen size, build quality, OSD, built-in speakers etc. Don't think a curved panel exists in the 240Hz space yet though.
Yea that’s kinda where I am at. They’re all so similar. At this point I’m just going off reviews, trying to find which has the best color and as you said build quality

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
On a TN panel, you're not shooting for colour accuracy. One may be marginally better than the other but, you're not likely to find much difference AFAIK.
A 240Hz panel isn't geared towards the 'colour accurate' market ....... Nor could it be with the limitation of only being achievable with a TN panel.

Build quality will vary, almost certainly - but I doubt there will be a clear, outright 'winner' in that category.

What GPU do you intend to drive 240Hz with?

Reactions: HerEyeSin
Personally, I would rather have a 144-165Hz screen with an IPS or VA panel than a 240Hz screen with a TN panel. 240Hz screens are also limited to only 1080p resolution. And few modern games, aside from certain esports titles, are going to get anywhere near 240fps anyway.

I am going crazy, I literally bought a165hz 1440p monitor only to realize it was th wrong one.
In what way was it the wrong one? Also, I agree that it would be good to know what kind of CPU and graphics card you have, to get an idea of what kind of frame rates you should be able to push at a given resolution.

HerEyeSin

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
On a TN panel, you're not shooting for colour accuracy. One may be marginally better than the other but, you're not likely to find much difference AFAIK.
A 240Hz panel isn't geared towards the 'colour accurate' market ....... Nor could it be with the limitation of only being achievable with a TN panel.

Build quality will vary, almost certainly - but I doubt there will be a clear, outright 'winner' in that category.

What GPU do you intend to drive 240Hz with?
2080 ti, was going to go 1440p but I’m 100% more into the competitive factor in games so I think I have to go 240fps 1080p

HerEyeSin

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
Personally, I would rather have a 144-165Hz screen with an IPS or VA panel than a 240Hz screen with a TN panel. 240Hz screens are also limited to only 1080p resolution. And few modern games, aside from certain esports titles, are going to get anywhere near 240fps anyway.

In what way was it the wrong one? Also, I agree that it would be good to know what kind of CPU and graphics card you have, to get an idea of what kind of frame rates you should be able to push at a given resolution.
I got a tn instead of 1440p and the whole point I had chosen 1440p over 1080 was for the stand out colors

TRENDING THREADS