[SOLVED] Best 35-45 Inch Monitor 4k No Curve 120+ hertz refresh rate with g/free sync

I currently have a 1080p 60hz 39 inch LG tv as my monitor and it works fairly well, but I believe it is time for an upgrade.

I mostly play games; Path of Exile, Tales of Berseria, Farcry 5, Skyrim and watch anime.

I am currently in the market for a 4k 120+hz refresh rate 35 - 45 inch monitor without a curve and with g/free sync.

I read the Acer Predator X35 review earlier and despite it being the best gaming monitor we've tested I don't much care for curved or Ultrawide.

For the longest I had been looking at the Acer Predator CG437K which appears to be perfect.
4k, 43 inches, 144 hertz, DISPLAYHDR™ 1000, G-Sync
But nobody seems to have it in stock.

Right before Christmas I learned about the LG c9/e9 OLED that supported a variable refresh rate and I was very close to buying one but the smallest size they make is a 55 inch. They also would have had to special order a 55 inch e9.

My current computer is old, 2014, and its Geforce 1060 isn't exactly 4k compliant. (My previous 780Ti died)
I do plan on building a new computer that will better support 4k, hopefully with a Geforce 3080Ti in 2020.
Whats in extra 6 month (hopefully shorter) wait

In the meantime I can always buy a new 4k monitor, turn down the resolution and or settings for better FPS and enjoy this "new" g-sync thing.

I'm in the US and there is no limit on the budget.

That does look like a nice one!

The only thing that brings hesitation is the DisplayHDR 600 certification.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-dynamic-range_video#VESA_Certified_DisplayHDR

Having a Maximum Black Level Luminance double that of the DisplayHDR 1000 certification sounds like bad thing. (And for that matter the Maximum Black Level Luminance of DisplayHDR 1000 is more than double that of DisplayHDR 1400)

I saw the LG OLED E9 at Bestbuy and I'm assuming their maximum black level luminance is the reason for their vivid colors and contast. (The OLED probably use the DisplayHDR True Black standards)

In my mind I'm trying to picture a monitor with the maximum black level / visual quality as close as possible to an OLED, in a 35-45 inch package.

A maximum black level luminance of 0.0005 sounds unattainable for anything short of an OLED with the DisplayHDR 1000 and DisplayHDR 1400 being the closest at 0.05 and 0.02 respectively.

I heard that OLEDs have burn in when playing certain games.
Thats one of the other reasons I didn't buy the LG E9.

WildCard999

Titan

TRENDING THREADS