[SOLVED] Best 38" curved monitor for gaming.

christianyoung

Prominent
Aug 26, 2018
Ss the title states, I'm on the lookout for the best 38" curved monitor for gaming. I have been looking around and i'm not very tech savy when it comes to monitors and since the 38" cost quite a lot I don't want to buy the wrong one.
So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Solution
I already have a 3440 x 1440 34" aoc monitor. I just want more realestate when gaming.
Money isn't an issue so don't need to think about that part. Does that change your recommendation of the LG ?
If money is no issue then the LG is the only 38" ultrawide that I know of that is high refresh rate. It also has G-Sync which is a nice addition if you have an nVidia GPU. You might also be able to use the extended color space option in Win 10. This monitor does 98% of the DCI-P3 color space and is a 10bit panel.
Ss the title states, I'm on the lookout for the best 38" curved monitor for gaming. I have been looking around and i'm not very tech savy when it comes to monitors and since the 38" cost quite a lot I don't want to buy the wrong one.
So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
AFAIK there is only 1 high refresh rate 38" ultrawide. That would be this: https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-38GL950G-B-gaming-monitor

If you look at 34" Ultrawides then you have a bigger selection. The only negative is the lower resolution 3440x1440 vs 3840x1600.

What is your budget for a new monitor?

christianyoung

Prominent
Aug 26, 2018
AFAIK there is only 1 high refresh rate 38" ultrawide. That would be this: https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-38GL950G-B-gaming-monitor

If you look at 34" Ultrawides then you have a bigger selection. The only negative is the lower resolution 3440x1440 vs 3840x1600.

What is your budget for a new monitor?

I already have a 3440 x 1440 34" aoc monitor. I just want more realestate when gaming.
Money isn't an issue so don't need to think about that part. Does that change your recommendation of the LG ?

If money is no issue then the LG is the only 38" ultrawide that I know of that is high refresh rate. It also has G-Sync which is a nice addition if you have an nVidia GPU. You might also be able to use the extended color space option in Win 10. This monitor does 98% of the DCI-P3 color space and is a 10bit panel.

Solution