[SOLVED] Best ~600W PSU under $100?

Jun 3, 2020
I have a 450W Antec Neo Eco 2 power supply (3yrs old), and think it's probably nearing it's limit for my PC, I feel like I should've upgraded it when I put in the Ryzen and new MB (although I've had no issues yet). I will probably upgrade to a more powerful GPU next year, so want something with enough wattage to allow that upgrade.

What is the best 600-650W PSU for under USD$100? (AUD$150)

Thank-you.

Current build:

PSU calculator results:
Load Wattage: 371 W
Recommended UPS rating: 800 VA
Recommended PSU Wattage: 421 W
https://outervision.com/b/ZKsVoW

Specs:
MSI B450M Mortar Max
Ryzen 5 3600
2 x 8GB DDR4 2400Mhz
RX570 4GB
Nvme M.2 500GB
3 Sata devices (2 x 2.5" 7200rpm HDD, 1 x CD-ROM)
3 x 120mm Fans
1 x 120mm Slim fan
1 x 92mm CPU fan
Gaming mouse, keyboard, + ~2 USB devices

Solution
Thanks for the response.
Just to clarify, i said USD$100 (AUD$150).

Your reply indicated you thought i said AUD$100
In that case, for 150 AUD or less, from what is currently on offer, I don't see anything there that would be a better choice than this Super Flower unit. Keep in mind, in case you are unfamiliar with Super Flower, they are the manufacturer responsible for practically every EVGA platform that was worth a damn including the G2, B2, P2 and T2 units.

They've also had a number of other very successful platforms used by a variety of companies including the Leadex, Leadex II, Leadex III, Golden green and others. There is no other unit I see under 150 in your region right now that is better than this unit, and even in...
There aren't any. Not in your region, which is always more expensive than most other regions, and not currently, with the current Covid 19 situation's result on the supply chain driving prices up.

The two closest options that are worth considering are these.

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($109.00 @ Austin Computers)
Total: $109.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-04 12:31 AEST+1000

And this one that is based on the Seasonic Focus Gold platform. And yes, this 550w unit is more than enough for your system including your RX 570. Your system really only needs a GOOD 500w unit.

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($129.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Total: $129.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-04 12:32 AEST+1000

You would do well to forget the PSU calculators and use a reference that results from many hours of real world testing instead.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm

The cooler master and evga ones are good and around $120
Sorry man, but that reply is senseless. Cooler Master and EVGA both sell GOOD and BAD power supplies, and right now, pretty much anything that is "good" is completely out of stock almost everywhere, worldwide. That's what happens when China shuts down for two months and ALL of the power supply manufacturing facilities in the world are located there.

Jun 3, 2020
There aren't any. Not in your region, which is always more expensive than most other regions, and not currently, with the current Covid 19 situation's result on the supply chain driving prices up.

Thanks for the response.

bignastyid

Titan
Wait if you can till the supply lines are back to full swing and prices drop. But if you can't wait here's a good one but it right at the top of your budget.
https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product...fied-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-ea650g-pro

I personally would not buy a used PSU, unless I knew exactly where it came from and how it was treated. A used unit will have no warranty and god knows what it has been put through.

Thanks for the response.

In that case, for 150 AUD or less, from what is currently on offer, I don't see anything there that would be a better choice than this Super Flower unit. Keep in mind, in case you are unfamiliar with Super Flower, they are the manufacturer responsible for practically every EVGA platform that was worth a damn including the G2, B2, P2 and T2 units.

They've also had a number of other very successful platforms used by a variety of companies including the Leadex, Leadex II, Leadex III, Golden green and others. There is no other unit I see under 150 in your region right now that is better than this unit, and even in the best of times this would be a good choice.

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Super Flower Leadex III Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($149.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Total: $149.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-04 15:32 AEST+1000

Solution

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
I have a 450W Antec Neo Eco 2 power supply (3yrs old), and think it's probably nearing it's limit for my PC, I feel like I should've upgraded it when I put in the Ryzen and new MB (although I've had no issues yet).
Don't replace it if you don't have problems with it. It isn't bad PSU in contrast with Antec Neo Eco Classic / Modular, same Delta DC-DC platform as Antec VP-F Bronze (not plain 80+), on the level of smth like Corsair CX i'd say.

Jun 3, 2020
Wait if you can till the supply lines are back to full swing and prices drop.

Don't replace it if you don't have problems with it.

I does sound like it's a bad time to buy, but i was just concerned that my current psu was under powered and could cause damage to components. Is that a thing?
If it's not going to damage anything, then i'll just wait till the market restores.

Thanks for all the suggestions, they will be considered when i do buy.

Jun 3, 2020