Adam1998

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2015
I currently have an RX580 from Sapphire and will happily keep with Sapphire for a 6700 XT (now that you can buy one at a good price). But I've seen a Gigabyte version: https://www.ebuyer.com/1143984-giga...t-12gb-eagle-graphics-card-gv-r67xteagle-12gd

And now I'm wondering; Which version of the 6700 XT do you prefer? What would you recommend?

I'm not fussed about the OC models, but I generally want quality and I also enjoy nice cooling as bonus

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your PSU and it's age? I'd stick with Sapphire since you're comfortable with them as a brand. What sort of variants/cards do you have access to? Another thing to note is also the clearance in your case, cards these days tend to hog space.

Adam1998

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2015
Make and model of your PSU and it's age? I'd stick with Sapphire since you're comfortable with them as a brand. What sort of variants/cards do you have access to?
Corsair RM750x (excessive I know). This is a new build as of January apart from the GPU for obvious reasons. Sapphire seems a great bet, I can get this https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapp...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-39k-sp.html

Which will do a treat. In terms of varients I can access, I can generally access MSI, Gigabyte, Asus and Powercooler easily. Not sure on the reference 6700 XT

Adam1998

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2015
As another note I may consider going to a 6600 XT or Nvidia equivalent if the price is right, but I do work in Unreal and the 12gb VRAM is always great for longevity, my 580's 8gb was great for longevity

I generally want quality and I also enjoy nice cooling as bonus
for the best cooling a 3 fan variant will usually be able to operate with lower fan speeds meaning some less noise, while still keeping a decent temperature.

for quality questions just check out a lot of different customer reviews keeping an eye out for specific issues that multiple users may claim to have experienced with the same models.
RM750x (excessive I know)
i wouldn't say "excessive". the average 6700 XT needs a minimum of 650w, so 750w can still be a good starting point considering that you may be upgrading later on and/or adding more components at any time that could benefit from the larger wattage pool.
another note I may consider going to a 6600 XT or Nvidia equivalent
what resolution and refresh rates you normally work with and what types of settings you like to see in games and while doing any sort of heavy editing should be the biggest factor here.

i used an RX 6700 XT for a short time while waiting for a higher-end RTX 30 series to be available and it was a bit disappointing performance-wise.
actually only performed a bit better than my old GTX 1080 Ti.

Adam1998

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2015
for the best cooling a 3 fan variant will usually be able to operate with lower fan speeds meaning some less noise, while still keeping a decent temperature.

for quality questions just check out a lot of different customer reviews keeping an eye out for specific issues that multiple users may claim to have experienced with the same models.

i wouldn't say "excessive". the average 6700 XT needs a minimum of 650w, so 750w can still be a good starting point considering that you may be upgrading later on and/or adding more components at any time that could benefit from the larger wattage pool.

what resolution and refresh rates you normally work with and what types of settings you like to see in games and while doing any sort of heavy editing should be the biggest factor here.

i used an RX 6700 XT for a short time while waiting for a higher-end RTX 30 series to be available and it was a bit disappointing performance-wise.
actually only performed a bit better than my old GTX 1080 Ti.

144hz at 1080p, with a consideration for 1440p in the future but framerates are important to me. Play a mixture of the latest triple A titles and things that run on potatoes, and the work can slip into video editing sometimes but it's unreal mostly

I have considered a 3070 which is a little more expensive overall and initially was waiting for the 3070 TI to come down in price but here in the UK the price's still aren't great for Nvidia. Thing is, for me anything will be a major upgrade over my 580