Best 8x AGP

pkrath84

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2009
Hi guys,

In short, I'm looking for the best 8x AGP I can buy because I dont want to bother with upgrading mobo etc.

Ive looked into ATI HD 4670 and GeForce 7600gs/gt. Those may not even compare but that's what I have come up with.

Please make your suggestions.

Pete

G

hunter is right, 3850 is the best, but bear in mind the extra power required to run it, make sure your PSU is up to it if you do get it!

Just put a 3850 agp into a SKT 939 board for a cheap pc for my brother (Athlon 3200+) and it does the trick indeed in the games we play, (LOTRO, NFS, COD, C&C, Prey, Stalker, hell even runs crysis) at 1280x1024 on med settings to flat out 4aa 16as full settings in LOTRO

Good build considering everything else was free and five years old :)

Does have its limits though and as games evolve it is ruled out of the equation but a good reason to dust of old game collections at thier best and second hand older (2004-2007) games are brilliantly cheap, play the games you always wanted but never got around to buying or could afford to by!

G

The p4 will botleneck the card just so you know, any card will do, they are all good and there are not many that do the agp version

TRENDING THREADS