Best AC1900 Router?

darkguy2

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2013
I am wondering if there is a good AC1900 router out there. My current one is an Archer C7 and I hate it. The wireless speed is terrible (90Mbps sitting right next to it) and I am having problems where the wired LAN drops out while the WLAN is fine. During this period you cannot access the router interface. This seems to be happening more often lately.

When I go look at reviews for other routers it seems all of them seem to have problems where the wireless will drop out every so often and require a reboot. Does anyone know of a good, reliable one? It does not even have to be a 1900 if I can just take advantage of my 300Mbps connection. A good release of DD-WRT for it is a plus as well.

Solution
The best site for router reviews is Small Net Builder. They've got a pretty consistent methodology and an extensive library of routers so you can compare.

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/tools/rankers/router/view

As for reliability, it will vary with firmware. Routers are just small computers (usually with a ARM CPU and running Linux). The simpler the software (firmware) the more stable it tends to be. But it can vary a lot for individual routers and firmware revisions. The more advanced firmware like DD-WRT has a auto-reboot function which lets you program the router to automatically reboot at a certain time once a week or once a day. If your router has that, I would take advantage of it to make it reboot at like 4 am when...
The best site for router reviews is Small Net Builder. They've got a pretty consistent methodology and an extensive library of routers so you can compare.

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/tools/rankers/router/view

As for reliability, it will vary with firmware. Routers are just small computers (usually with a ARM CPU and running Linux). The simpler the software (firmware) the more stable it tends to be. But it can vary a lot for individual routers and firmware revisions. The more advanced firmware like DD-WRT has a auto-reboot function which lets you program the router to automatically reboot at a certain time once a week or once a day. If your router has that, I would take advantage of it to make it reboot at like 4 am when you're unlikely to be using it.

Solution