Build Advice Best affordable Power Supply for Geforce RTX 2070 Super

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
Best and Affordable Power Supply for Geforce RTX 2070 Super on my Ryzen 7 3700X (8 Cores / 16 Threads 36 MB Total Cache 65 Watts) with ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 X570 Motherboard computer?

A list of good PSU under the budget is good.

Budge range : Less than $110 US Dollars (Before taxes) (Amazon.com or Newegg.com) be fine.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/best-psu-affordable-for-geforce-rtx-2060-super-or-geforce-rtx-2070-super.3503578/ I originally asked few months ago, but i decided to hold off a bit while PSU prices seem to be adjusting ...but now its coming closer to Blacks Friday or Cyber Monday is the best time to look get a PSU with RTX 2070 Super. Not a overclocker

Last edited:

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
The rmx is worth the money over the rosewill.
The power supply isn't even visible in that case.
Only planning get the a new PSU that has 650W...looks like the Corsair 650W had a price increase on newegg and amazon...Otherwise the Rosewill Capstone M 650W would be one i bet getting as it still low price on newegg.
Should i wait for reduced price near Blacks Friday or Cybers Monday?

You can wait, but since power supplies generally don't have a "last year's model" like other hardware, we usually don't see any significant decrease in cost on them, and actually they tend to go UP when this time of year comes around because when people build new systems then demand for new power supplies goes up while supply remains the same. That means increases in price usually unless somebody has surplus they are trying to deplete. The fact that power supplies have been hit hard by tariffs, means there is not going to be much room for discounts on these components IMO.

Reactions: bmockeg

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
You can wait, but since power supplies generally don't have a "last year's model" like other hardware, we usually don't see any significant decrease in cost on them, and actually they tend to go UP when this time of year comes around because when people build new systems then demand for new power supplies goes up while supply remains the same. That means increases in price usually unless somebody has surplus they are trying to deplete. The fact that power supplies have been hit hard by tariffs, means there is not going to be much room for discounts on these components IMO.
All the power supply that was suggested is on big sales...should go for it or wait for Cyber Monday ...not sure if Cyber Monday is better on tech deals.

Cyber Monday is unlikely to be much if any different than the rest of the sales happening throughout the next two weeks. If you see something that is within your budget, that is a decent deal, then pull the trigger, because there might be something better next week but there just as well might not. You won't regret not getting AS good of a deal if you buy something and then something better comes along, but you WILL regret not having bought something if the deal passes and then no better deals are forthcoming.

Reactions: NightHawkRMX

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
The SSR650 (focus gold 650w) for $65 after rebate is cheap.
or the TX650 for $70

But id still go for an RMx650 fot $75.
Cyber Monday is unlikely to be much if any different than the rest of the sales happening throughout the next two weeks. If you see something that is within your budget, that is a decent deal, then pull the trigger, because there might be something better next week but there just as well might not. You won't regret not getting AS good of a deal if you buy something and then something better comes along, but you WILL regret not having bought something if the deal passes and then no better deals are forthcoming.

RMX is still at $109 ...wont save much even after rebate so i more likely going get EVGA GQ 650W or Seasonic one.

You might want to refer to these excellent Tier Lists.

Anything that 650W and above should do the trick just fine

You might want to refer to these excellent Tier Lists.

Anything that 650W and above should do the trick just fine
Or, you might not, since they are seriously questionable, and in no wise "excellent" whatsoever aside from maybe the amount of time invested. I can't even vouche for that to be honest. But as accuracy and legitimacy go, the one we had until a few years ago was miles better and IT wasn't that great.