[SOLVED] BEST AIO LIQUID COOLING FOR i7 10700K?

Oct 18, 2019
Hi guys, I have just one simple question...

I am looking for BEST OF THE BEST All in one liquid cooler for Intel Core i7 10700K

I dont care about price, look, RGB... Only thing i care about is pure thermal performance.

Please recommend me at least 2 or 3 BEST AIO coolers.

I was checking NZXT X73 as well as Corsair H150i PRO but idk what to look for when choosing best performance liquid cooler... Also it must be ofc compatible with new LGA 1200 SOCKET

My plan is to push i7 10700K on water way over 5.1ghz

Motherboard is ASUS ROG STRIX Z490E GAMING

PSU XIELENCE PERFORMANCE X 1050W

Solution
@markec872
A)The vast majority of the popular models you see in the market are made by literally the same 2 OEMs - the fans used will be the biggest difference in most cases.
NZXT X73? OEM is Asetek.
Corsair H150i Pro? Also Asetek.
Fractal Design Celsius S36? Asetek.
Asetek has the round copper base plate. Cool It uses a squared one.

Then there's the uncommonly designed-in-house models:
-Cooler Master's MLxxxR series
-Arctic Liquid Freezer 2

There really is no 'best' here due to how little diversity there is between them.
ML360R, H150i Pro XT, Kraken X73, Liquid Freezer 2 360? It'll be the fans that set them apart. There's also the variable that is the user's ears; few people will want to run the fans at 100%, except when stress...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
@markec872
A)The vast majority of the popular models you see in the market are made by literally the same 2 OEMs - the fans used will be the biggest difference in most cases.
NZXT X73? OEM is Asetek.
Corsair H150i Pro? Also Asetek.
Fractal Design Celsius S36? Asetek.
Asetek has the round copper base plate. Cool It uses a squared one.

Then there's the uncommonly designed-in-house models:
-Cooler Master's MLxxxR series
-Arctic Liquid Freezer 2

There really is no 'best' here due to how little diversity there is between them.
ML360R, H150i Pro XT, Kraken X73, Liquid Freezer 2 360? It'll be the fans that set them apart. There's also the variable that is the user's ears; few people will want to run the fans at 100%, except when stress testing.

B)There's 2 kinds of hybrid coolers: performance and low noise.
Performance is pretty self-explanatory. Ideal for overclocking and potentially loud fans. The majority of hybrid coolers fall into this category.
Low noise models are just that, but at the cost of performance. Avoid for overclocking. The H150i Pro, for example, falls into this category.

C)LGA 1200 uses the same mounting hardware as LGA 115x.

D)Good luck with that 'way over 5.1ghz' plan.
The 10700K and 10900K don't have much to give beyond their base specs, unlike the 10600K. Even Silicon Lottery struggles with 5.1ghz bins as it is.
You're not going to be successful in overclocking the crap out of a 10700K.

E)Which one's the best?
Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 360
EK AIO 360
Corsair H150i Pro XT
Cooler Master ML360R
NZXT Kraken X73
EVGA CLC 360
From a pure thermal perspective at 100% fans, probably the EVGA, if you can stomach ~60dBA fans screaming at your ears...
Aside from that factor, I doubt I'd notice a significant difference between the others.

Last edited:
Reactions: CompuTronix
Solution