[SOLVED] Best AIO upgrade for Corsair H80i v2

sloke123

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
Hi,
Yesterday my cooler's pump stop working. I googled for suitable upgrade but there are too many option. I am little bit confused here. Which one should I go for? My max budget 14000(200 usd). Here is my system configuration
i7 7700k
Asus Maximus ix Hero
16 GB RAM
Gigabyte GTX 980TI g1 Gaming
3 Nos. 2 TB Hard Drive
Corsair RM750x Power Supply
Thermaltake Core P5(Open Case)

I live in a fairly hot place . In summer temp rises upto 40~45c and in winter about 10c
Please suggest me a suitable AIO Cooler
Thanks in advance.:)

Solution
It appears than any Corsair AIO would work with your case. I would go with at least a 240mm H100i, if you really want an AIO. I would like to point out that some high end air coolers are just as good, as most AIO's, and far more reliable.
Hi,
Yesterday my cooler's pump stop working. I googled for suitable upgrade but there are too many option. I am little bit confused here. Which one should I go for? My max budget 14000(200 usd). Here is my system configuration
i7 7700k
Asus Maximus ix Hero
16 GB RAM
Gigabyte GTX 980TI g1 Gaming
3 Nos. 2 TB Hard Drive
Corsair RM750x Power Supply
Thermaltake Core P5(Open Case)

I live in a fairly hot place . In summer temp rises upto 40~45c and in winter about 10c
Please suggest me a suitable AIO Cooler
Thanks in advance.:)

Depends on what you value. Quiet operation, total cooling capacity, looks, or delivered value.

Corsair H100, H110, and H115 are considered top notch performance wise, but can be loud.
Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite (ML240L) deliver excellent value and can easily cool your 7700k.
Thermaltake probably makes the prettiest AIO with it's ARGB lighting.
DeepCool is near the bottom of the list. They had a huge problem with leaks. Their new gen is supposed to solve that, but I will let others be the guinea pigs.

To be honest about 90% of them all use a similar design water block by one mfg. So the difference comes from the radiator design, and fan selection.

Last edited:

sloke123

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
I had an H100i that lasted me a good 6 years but the pump finally died. I bought the Hyper 212 Evo Black Edition with RGB to replace it and honestly, it works just as well as the H100i that I had.
Sorry to hear about your H100i. Mine also 6 years old.. I guess 6 years is the life span of this kind of cooler.
I think my friend have Hyper 212. I certainly give it a try and let you tomorrow.

sloke123

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
Depends on what you value. Quiet operation, total cooling capacity, looks, or delivered value.

Corsair H100, H110, and H115 are considered top notch performance wise, but can be loud.
Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite (ML240L) deliver excellent value and can easily cool your 7700k.
Thermaltake probably makes the prettiest AIO with it's ARGB lighting.
DeepCool is near the bottom of the list. They had a huge problem with leaks. Their new gen is supposed to solve that, but I will let others be the guinea pigs.

To be honest about 90% of them all use a similar design water block by one mfg. So the difference comes from the radiator design, and fan selection.

Performance is my first choice. Quiet,Loud,RGB, Looks doesn't matter to me.

That's what I asked .. Which one should I go for
Corsair is going to give you the best support. They are a name brand, and you'll pay a premium, but
Corsair H110i if you can handle 240mm OR
Corsair H115i if you can handle 280mm OR
Corsair H150 if you have room for a 360mm.

While you do get more heat capacity with the 360, it really won't help with overclocking that much. But it allows you to run your fans at a lower rate which means it will be quieter typically.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
That's what I asked .. Which one should I go for

You didn't really ask that, you were very vague in what you wanted - you really just wanted someone to tell you what to spend money on.

These types of threads are always 'what is the best for the money I want to spend'.

This isn't a clear cut answer and might be different for every single person - the trick is to knowing what is right for you. Not every forum response is 'a right answer', so you cannot simply just trust that a person replying is supplying adequate information for you. I have seen so many instances where a bad choice is recommended and someone spent their own money on it because a complete stranger said 'go buy this'. Most good air coolers will perform nearly as well as AIOs.

Most AIOs are all the same. Find one with support for your CPU (nearly all support Intel 115x) and is in your price range. The larger the radiator you can support, is in your favor. Choose a brand with a warranty that fits you. Also, your ambient temperature means your CPU is never going to be able to be cooled lower than the temperature delta your cooler provides. If this delta is 10C, then if it is 30C in the room with your PC, the absolute lowest temp your PC will see is 40C. If the ambient room temp is 45C, your PC will be 55C. This is just an example, but air and liquid cooling are always at the mercy of the temperature delta offset the cooler can provide for your CPU wattage.

My point is this: be an educated consumer. Research products before making YOUR OWN CHOICE. Asking in forums is a good start, but don't assume a response is always a knowledgeable response. Know the difference. Fortunately, the replies in this thread have been helpful and beneficial - they are providing you with good information, but it is still wise to learn the 'why' so you have that understanding for yourself.

sloke123

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
I am extremely sorry for my late reply. I was out of town due to some emergencies.
@rubix_1011 Thanks for your reply. As you know i am not an expert in this matter, I didn't know about the temperature delta, as you mention earlier. I googled and found this
https://www.ekwb.com/blog/what-is-delta-t/
This is very informative. Thanks again
So I contacted to my local dealer, he gave me a good deal on corsair H100i platinum@ 7900 inr(110 usd) with 5 years replacement warranty.
As @digitalgriffin said earlier corsair has best support, I bought it.
I did aida64 stress test on that and the temperature never goes beyond 72°C.
Temperature remains under 60°c while gaming. I am very much satisfied :D
Thank you very much guys for your support.. I really appreciate that.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Those are OK, but you got a little bit of a discount based on what appears to be the price on Amazon right now. In all honest, I'm not really impressed with AIOs much anymore. They're nearly all the same. I'm testing two right now...guess what? Nearly the same as every other one out there. It has almost become a game of finding AIOs that have something new or the mounting hardware isn't the same as 5 other models.

Most of those coolers (especially Corsiar) have a factory warranty of 5 years from the manufacturer, so hopefully that isn't something he was using as part of the bargaining process.

sloke123

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
Those are OK, but you got a little bit of a discount based on what appears to be the price on Amazon right now. In all honest, I'm not really impressed with AIOs much anymore. They're nearly all the same. I'm testing two right now...guess what? Nearly the same as every other one out there. It has almost become a game of finding AIOs that have something new or the mounting hardware isn't the same as 5 other models.

Most of those coolers (especially Corsiar) have a factory warranty of 5 years from the manufacturer, so hopefully that isn't something he was using as part of the bargaining process.
I'm from India. Here PC parts are comparatively much higher than US/Europe due to import duty and internal tax . In here amazon price is 12699 inr(176.94 usd) and in local market around 11000 inr(154 usd).
https://www.amazon.in/Corsair-Hydro...teway&sprefix=corsair+h100i+pl,aps,290&sr=8-1
There is around 4000 inr(56 usd) price difference(which is a lot in here) from amazon to my local dealer.