[SOLVED] Best air cooled RTX 2080 (non-Ti) cards

marek_shields

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2012
After talking myself out of buying an RTX 2080 Ti due to the insane cost increase over the RTX 2080 and not enough of a performance increase to justify the cost, I have turned my sights on the RTX 2080s.

Looking around on Newegg and some review sites to try and narrow down which to buy, there seems to be a few of them that are on the top end of the available RTX 2080s:

There also seems to be a dual-fan model of the EVGA card but I can't see why you would get that over the triple fan model if you had the space. As for the brands themselves, I have never dealt with ZOTAC or MSI before but I can't say I wouldn't if someone had a compelling reason to go with one of those cards. Any help in narrowing down this list would be appreciated and might help some other users in the future.

Solution
The dual-fan EVGA is a different, cheaper model than the triple-fan FTW3.

When I have a list of GPUs or other parts I have to choose from, I prefer to go with the one with the best warranty. EVGA is typically the best when it comes to GPU warranty. They allow you to remove the cooler and have a transferable warranty. They also offer the longest warranty (same as a couple other manufacturer's as far as standard warranty length of 3 years) and they offer extended warranties of 5 and 10 years.

Zotac on the other hand, while they do make good graphics cards, have the lowest standard warranty of 2 years.

Personally, I like EVGA, Asus, and MSI when it comes to Nvidia graphics cards. EVGA for their superior warranty policies. But if I...

When I have a list of GPUs or other parts I have to choose from, I prefer to go with the one with the best warranty. EVGA is typically the best when it comes to GPU warranty. They allow you to remove the cooler and have a transferable warranty. They also offer the longest warranty (same as a couple other manufacturer's as far as standard warranty length of 3 years) and they offer extended warranties of 5 and 10 years.

Zotac on the other hand, while they do make good graphics cards, have the lowest standard warranty of 2 years.

Personally, I like EVGA, Asus, and MSI when it comes to Nvidia graphics cards. EVGA for their superior warranty policies. But if I could get a Strix or GAMING X for around $100 less than the EVGA, then I would consider that also.

Reactions: ElectrO_90
Solution

marek_shields

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2012
Seems like EVGA is a fan-favorite among PC builders for the warranties and build quality. That card is a bit more expensive than the ASUS and MSI cards. I assume it is the name and the warranty you are paying for?

Personally, I like EVGA, Asus, and MSI when it comes to Nvidia graphics cards. EVGA for their superior warranty policies. But if I could get a Strix or GAMING X for around $100 less than the EVGA, then I would consider that also.
Totally agree with what he said.

TRENDING THREADS