[SOLVED] Best Air CPU cooler for $35 or less?

joshuakeen61

Prominent
Apr 26, 2018
My brother needs a CPU cooler because he took the one he got with his CPU out of the computer to reapply thermal paste and his cat got to the cord. He doesn't have a job and can only afford $35 or less on an air cooler. He does plan to overclock. Do any of you guys have any idea? My friend offered him an unused Cryorig H7 Plus for $35. Is that a good deal? Any advice would be helpful Thank you.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
What he said ^. It's called the 'Hyper212 Killer' for a reason, it does so every which way 'til Sunday. The closest other cooler that will do relatively close to its performance is the Deepcool Gammax GT, a step up from the Gammax 400,which is equitable to the hyper212.

Depending on the cpu, OC may or may not be an option at this budget. Some cpus will most definitely require a whole lot more capacity, which means expense.

Reactions: joshuakeen61

joshuakeen61

Prominent
Apr 26, 2018
Thank you for your help. The CPU is a Ryzen 5 3600. The pc was a gift from me to him. I did it as a graduation/birthday gift. I won't pay for anymore of it because it was expensive. I may have built the pc, but I know nothing about cpu coolers. Thank you guys again.