Best airflow possible for overclocking

shadyeversince

Reputable
May 30, 2015
Hi there. I just bought an RX 580, and was thinking of overclocking my 3570k. I've done it before, but temps were scaring me a little (sometimes hitting about 80º).

My case is a Bitfenix Nova TG. I'm attaching three images for reference, one of the empty case, one of what my setup currently looks like (I'm at work so I had to photoshop the parts in, otherwise I'd just take a photo), and one other image of a setup I found on their website.

I was wondering if I what I have right now is the best possible solution, granted the fans I have aren't really incredible (one aftermarket 1200rpm fan and two that came with the case, I can't remember the rpm).

I was also thinking that perhaps I could attach another fan to the back of the cooler, or if two fans that close together actually causes worse airflow.

Let me know of any tips you might have.

Best regards,
Sérgio.

3GJCpez.png

9N5VzU5.jpg

czKXhOT.png

Lutfij

Titan
In all honesty that case is not what you should have, regardless of overclock or no overclock. I'd look into a case that has an unrestricted front airflow, like the NZXT S340.

Ideally you should have the front and bottom of the case draw in cooler ambient air(via the help of fans) and the top and the rear as exhausts(also aided with fans). The fans for both from and back should also be of the same RPM. If you can manage them with a PWM splitter and all fans are PWM, then you'r airflow will be balanced per CPU temps(or any other component you bind it to).

shadyeversince

Reputable
May 30, 2015

Hi there. Perhaps I should've specified, but the two frontal fans are intake. While the NZXT is obviously a better case, I don't feel the need to switch considering my temps with this case are fine without overclocking the CPU. Only difference I see right way between this and the NZXT is the top exhaust.

I don't know much about airflow, however, so maybe I'm missing something.

And thank you for taking the time to reply.