Oct 22, 2015
Ok so I am going to build this new rig with
3700x
Gigabyte OC 5700XT
MSI x570 MOBO/Gigabyte x570
16gigs 3200 Ram
2TB HDD
Nvme SSD

How many Watt does my system needs and what's the best budget PSU for it. I live in India . so..

Solution
Hi Keith12,

I'll do you one better and agree with 95% with what you said. lol, all jokes aside though, I initially suggested an 850w or at least 750w simply to allow room for expansion. Seeing the specs of the OP PC, I assumed that at some point down the road he/she may wish to add to it. Be it in the form of the above RGB/Watercooling/Fan Controllers/Temp Controllers/OC'ing/Other all of which would potentially draw more power. Would it draw an additional 150w? I have no way of knowing. True, the OP did ask for a budget PSU and so that statement alone may void my assumption that any modifications were forthcoming. I just personally like to side on the side of overkill vs "enough to."

A few months back I aided my neighbor in...

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
The PSU is the "heart" of your system so I would advise against a "budget" one. I would advise a minimum of an 850w, though some may disagree and state a quality 750w would be more than enough. Also depends on what you will have inside your case. RGB/Fans/Watercooling/Other. I'm partial to EVGA's excellent 10yr warranty so I would advise you to go with them. Thermaltake's ToughPower line is good as well. It pretty much all comes down to what you want to spend. Give us a budget to work with and we'll list a few options.

At a glance, EVGA SuperNova 850w G3 is an excellent PSU.

Enjoy!

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
The PSU is the "heart" of your system so I would advise against a "budget" one. I would advise a minimum of an 850w, though some may disagree and state a quality 750w would be more than enough. Also depends on what you will have inside your case. RGB/Fans/Watercooling/Other. I'm partial to EVGA's excellent 10yr warranty so I would advise you to go with them. Thermaltake's ToughPower line is good as well. It pretty much all comes down to what you want to spend. Give us a budget to work with and we'll list a few options.

At a glance, EVGA SuperNova 850w G3 is an excellent PSU.

Enjoy!

Whilst I defo agree with 90% of your post, 850w and even 750w are overkill. 600w is recommended for both a 3700x and a 5700xt. At that, unless OC'ing, you would not be drawing more than 500w from the wall. 650w would do just fine, as long as there's no insane OC'ing.

Last edited:

Sangeeth Sivan

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2015
Whilst I defo agree with 90% of your post, 850w and even 750w are overkill. 600w is recommended for both a 3700x and a 5700xt. At that, unless OC'ing, you would not be drawing more than 500w from the wall. 65w would do just fine, as long as there's no insane OC'ing.
I will OC in the future but not insanely or anything. So should I go for a gold tier psu? Is that what you are saying when you say good psu?

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Whilst I defo agree with 90% of your post, 850w and even 750w are overkill. 600w is recommended for both a 3700x and a 5700xt. At that, unless OC'ing, you would not be drawing more than 500w from the wall. 65w would do just fine, as long as there's no insane OC'ing.

Hi Keith12,

I'll do you one better and agree with 95% with what you said. lol, all jokes aside though, I initially suggested an 850w or at least 750w simply to allow room for expansion. Seeing the specs of the OP PC, I assumed that at some point down the road he/she may wish to add to it. Be it in the form of the above RGB/Watercooling/Fan Controllers/Temp Controllers/OC'ing/Other all of which would potentially draw more power. Would it draw an additional 150w? I have no way of knowing. True, the OP did ask for a budget PSU and so that statement alone may void my assumption that any modifications were forthcoming. I just personally like to side on the side of overkill vs "enough to."

A few months back I aided my neighbor in building his first PC. (Console Gamer) I suggested an 850w then as well and during the course of his own research, he said almost the exact same thing as you. I then said almost the same thing I typed above. He is, and i don't use the word lightly, a "master" electrician who works for the military. He started digging into what component used what amount of power under what load vs the Peripherals that he would have installed, Massive Case/RGB's/AIO/OC Etc. and my dumb brain couldn't grasp 1/2 of what he was telling me. In the end he got a 1,000w instead. lol..

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Hi Keith12,

A few months back I aided my neighbor in building his first PC. (Console Gamer) I suggested an 850w then as well and during the course of his own research, he said almost the exact same thing as you. I then said almost the same thing I typed above. He is, and i don't use the word lightly, a "master" electrician who works for the military. He started digging into what component used what amount of power under what load vs the Peripherals that he would have installed, Massive Case/RGB's/AIO/OC Etc. and my dumb brain couldn't grasp 1/2 of what he was telling me. In the end he got a 1,000w instead. lol..

:tearsofjoy: good post.

Yeah, look, it's different horses for different courses.

The system defo doesn't need any more than 650w. You could add in 20 HD's/fans or any peripherals the OP would like, and nothing will use 350w of extra juice, never mid approx 150w headroom with a 650w PSU.

However, I would agree that having more is generally better, but not so much for an 750w/850w PSU. There is just no need in this case.

To the OP, yes, going gold is a good idea. Anything from the EVGA G2/G3 line, Corsair RMX/TXM, Seasonic Focus Plus Gold would be good. You really don't need anything more than 650w, but for the puspose of meeting in the middle, then a 750w G2/G3 or Seasonic Focus Plus is a good call. They all have 7-10 year warranties, and as MRGR74 has said, the PSU is as important as any other piece of hardware in a PC and is the heart that powers it.

BTW, I linked the Corsair above, because in India you have very limited availability for high end PSU's. This one is expensive enough, but is a good PSU.

It might be worthwhile looking at whatever online store you use, to see what's available, then we can better advise.

Reactions: Mrgr74
Solution