Best answer help suggestion

The Stealthinator

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2012
I am posting this suggestion mainly to the mods and admins to see.

I highly think it's a good idea if the checkbox "Request solutions to this Question (not a discussion)" was already pre-selected. Because this way many users are missing out on recieving best answers for problems they do solve, as new users don't know the difference.

Another option would be to have a more clear option saying "question thread" or "discussion thread" that the user has to select before the thread gets created.

Solution
Aha, from the main forum page. Looks like that wasn't changed when the others had their defaults altered. I'll add this to the request list for the developers to take a look at. The default type should definitely be Question.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
This is currently customized on a per subforum basis. You'll notice that some forum subcategories have different text designating whether or not the new thread should be considered a Question type, or a Discussion type, based on where the post is being made.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Aha, from the main forum page. Looks like that wasn't changed when the others had their defaults altered. I'll add this to the request list for the developers to take a look at. The default type should definitely be Question.

Solution