best answer selected..

noticed over the past 24hrs or so that when a best answer is selected in a thread I am involved in, it ends up in my message box when someone else was chosen as best answer...( i get "credit" for it ). comments?]
///////////////////////////////

Solution
My take on the thread you linked is that the OP felt more comfortable and confident with the write-up Tradesman1 posted than with your brief suggestion as to Voltage. The BA was selected by the OP and it's always what helped them most that constitutes the solution. If another Mod had selected it, given that Tradesman1 is also a Mod, you may have had a case to make but for my money, I would have more confidence in his advice.

If you dig up any more, please post back here or PM me but I think our CM, Joe has nailed it - you had a mail because you'd posted into, and subscribed to that thread.

heisnburg

Honorable
May 6, 2013

same here :/

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
I'll let the development team know about this. Notifications might be a bit off.

Update: Were you subscribed to the thread? If so, you'll get an update about a best answer being selected, since it changes the nature of the thread from open to resolved.

My take on the thread you linked is that the OP felt more comfortable and confident with the write-up Tradesman1 posted than with your brief suggestion as to Voltage. The BA was selected by the OP and it's always what helped them most that constitutes the solution. If another Mod had selected it, given that Tradesman1 is also a Mod, you may have had a case to make but for my money, I would have more confidence in his advice.

If you dig up any more, please post back here or PM me but I think our CM, Joe has nailed it - you had a mail because you'd posted into, and subscribed to that thread.

Solution