Best Answer Stalker?

naturesninja

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2013
Um, so I have had around 20 best answers selected in the last 48 hours or so from older threads. Most of them seem to be going to Tom's Guide without seeing who's doing it. Not that I am complaining, but I don't think it's fair to others that I should be on the top ten list of anything this month atm, since I really haven't been doing a lot. Maybe someone just going through old threads, and cleaning up a bit?

some clarifications..

some of the contracted minions working for the community team routinely go in and "close out" old threads by selecting a best answer in old threads which have been abandoned since the current thinking is that every question type thread should have a best answer selected. its not uncommon for some of us to get 50 or so in a day after they go in and do this - it all depends on if the thread creator marked a best answer or not in threads and how prolific you were posting at the time.

its generally not the mod team that does it.

sorry to kill you idea of a ba stalker, though if you're prolific enough you might get a copycat... some of us have certainly had some.

D

Deleted member 217926

Yeah, if they were selected by someone with a Er name like ErVivek ( I think that's it ) then it was one of the contractors who select best answers in old ( 3 months I believe is the criteria ) threads to close them out.

toddybody

Distinguished

@ssdx

Thanks for the clarification friend, appreciate all the work from Tom's Moderators.

Are these minions paid for cleaning posts? Would be an AWESOME incentive/prize to have the volunteering staff get a HW prize for the most posts cleaned. Y'all deserve some love if youre not being paid.

*if you are getting paid...CRY ME A RIVER AND GET BACK TO WORK* ;)

D

Deleted member 217926

The best answer guys are contractors and are paid by Purch. The Moderation team are all volunteers. Mods used to do what the paid contractors do now but it was just too big a job to do that and our regular moderation duties at the same time. Tom's recently surpassed CNET as the largest computing site on the web with over 2 million registered users. That's a lot of threads to close! :)