Question best APU for 200$ or less?

ElectroXR

Prominent
Apr 11, 2020
hi, im planning on buying a pc with an APU then later adding a GPU. the budget for said APU is maximum 200$, but im clueless as to which APU to buy.
i already have a couple of candidates which i’ll include in the poll

keep in mind that i am using the pc for coding and games like apex legends, minecraft, valorant, fortnite etc. the games i play aren’t very demanding, but i’d like to be able to play more demanding games.

which APU do you guys think i should i buy? thanks in advance

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
That choice is a 2-edged sword. The Amd has far superior graphics capabilities, run by itself it'll be far more pleasant an experience in those games. And then you get a gpu, and the 11400 will dust the Amd by a good margin. It's a far more capable cpu.

Meaning an advantage in the beginning will be a serious disadvantage in the end, or vice versa if you go Intel first, the graphics are worse than lackluster.

I'd base the decision on the time frame. If planning on a gpu in a couple of months, go Intel and just suffer for that short period. If looking at closer to a year for the gpu, go Amd and start saving for a replacement cpu like a 5600x instead.

An option would be the 12400 on a decent B660 mobo, roughly the same price as the 11400 and mobo, but a much more capable cpu and the graphics are better.

Reactions: RodroX

ElectroXR

Prominent
Apr 11, 2020
Meaning an advantage in the beginning will be a serious disadvantage in the end, or vice versa if you go Intel first, the graphics are worse than lackluster.

thanks for the reply
i really dont want to deal with either of those, i want to have a fully capable pc and a decent gaming experience
im willing to pay a bit extra, do you think the Ryzen 5 2600 paired with the GT 1030 for a total of 285$ could be good for my needs, or is it a bad pair-up? and what should i upgrade down the line? thanks in advance