Best Apu For A Budget??? Gtx 750

mypriv1

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
So I currently have a GTX 750 and a Amd x4 860k and was thinking of upgrading my cpu because it just couldn't handle any of the recent games. I was wondering what APU is a good one to get for a budget build like mine. I was thinking of buying a a6 7600 because of its price to performance ratio. I'm on a tight budget and cannot afford a i3 or an i5 where I live so please don't spam the replies with "Save up for an i3 6100!!!!"

Thanks in advanced.

Solution
That is the only option that is an upgrade unless you want to rebuild with an Intel setup. Check your usage first though to make sure it is a gpu bottleneck my build in Sig could run ps2 at max settings and never drop of vsynced 60fps. And its not a powerhouse. So I'm not sure which is holding you up to be honest

mypriv1

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016

Really???? So the Amd x4 860k is stronger than most apu's???
If that's the case then is their a better alternative for a cpu for the FM2+ motherboard?
I don't really want to buy a whole new motherboard unless necessary since I would rather put the money toward a new gpu instead.

mypriv1

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016

Is there a less expensive AMD solution to my problem?? I really don't want to spend 150$ on an i3 6100 or a cheap Pentium in the hopes of future upgrades. I usually just game on my pc and the most cpu intensive thing I play is Planetside 2

mypriv1

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016

Do you think I should save up for a better GPU and instead of replacing my 860k overclock it?

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
That is the only option that is an upgrade unless you want to rebuild with an Intel setup. Check your usage first though to make sure it is a gpu bottleneck my build in Sig could run ps2 at max settings and never drop of vsynced 60fps. And its not a powerhouse. So I'm not sure which is holding you up to be honest

Solution